Thread: Torres Fly Fishing

Torres Fly Fishing

Hi guys,

Got some spots sussed out for fly fishing around Thursday Island and here are the results:

Re: Torres Fly Fishing

And.....

The Goldie was stalked for half an hour in the flats, it was following a large stingray, had only one opportunity to get close for a cast and then saw the cavernous mouth engulf the tiny yellow and white clouser. The fight went for at least twenty minutes on my 7wt.

This tarpon was one of few caught the previous day near a small creek draining from the flats.

Good stuff. Wish I was up where the weather is good and with scenery like that.

Cheers

Adam

Dale,

Nice Golden . Looks like a nice spot.

Goldens are great fun.

Only a few months to go, they'll be waving their tails on the flats of Hervey Bay.

Wes

Hi Dan,
    I'll be up your way early next month, around the 3rd-4th,
    skippering MantaRay.
    It's a cat, we'll be towing 3 goodwins, come over for a chat if you're around. Probably anchored over at Horn.
    Nice fish, regards Dave Bradley

nat_bromhead

Dale you stud....Club Boheme at Hammo Island will never be the same after your cameo appearance...

Nice fish, P.O.W in the background ???

Heard reports of bones round Tuesday Is...tried there yet ??

Nat

Dale, the Tarpie is awsome, when they get that size they are 1 of the best fighting fish around (from what Ive caught ) looks like a good place,,,, do they have ENs at your work? fish like those on days off I could live with.........MQ

Nice work Tuna Boy [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].
    cheers
    Glenn

Quinny: Yes they do employ EN's in the hospital but no accomodation provided- only for RN's unfortunately. I have hooked but unable to land Tarps bigger than the photo-approx just under a meter long but cannot get them up the wharf in TI. Just have to wake up 3am on a high tide to get them though and not all the time.
    Nat, worth a try looking for bones at Tuesday but locals are catching 4 foot Pumpkinheads (aka Permit) off the wharf here on crayfish head for bait!!
    Dave, send me a message when you're taking manta ray thru here, keen to have a chat with you.

dale,
    try and get youself to a few of the rivers down the west coast. you can walk the flats for miles. heaps more species on offer as well
    geez i miss the fishing up there
    cheers
    dazza