Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeeke Aka tim Aka freekin Legend!

Re: Zeeke Aka tim Aka freekin Legend!

Thanks Zeeke.
    The vice looks like it's made from graphite,Is it.???
    What fly tackle are you using on the bream.??
    BG.

yeh.. graphite body.. but steel jaws and all that.. does the job for now..

im using an 8 weight Black Diamond.. but am looking for a 6 weight rod.. suprisingly the bream fight extremely hard on the 8weight.. but i reckon they'd be alot more fun on a 6

Tim

Beee-YOO-tee-ful! I had a feeling they'd work. That's great man!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

this is my 2nd attempt at tying a surf candy, its green over olive over white

Tim

Prwans, when crawling on the bottom, or swimming on the surface actually move head first. Have you ever been prawning and watched the things swim. They are no mean swimmers either. Just about everything eats little crabs and prawns, and if you fish them on the bottom they should be moving head first. Crabs are not always crawling sideways either. Sometimes they, like blue swimmers, swim on the surface going eyes ahead. Cheerrs Max

drb

look good tim, just be careful that your epoxy doesn't close off the gap of the hook to much. Not that I'm an expert, that's just what I was told

My flies don't usually look very good either.

Zeeke, you do seem to be a bit of a natural. Some look ok, but there are more bad ones than good.

Here are a few of the better ones. I have probably tied a total of about 30 flies (guessing), and many of them took a long time to tie (up to an hour each, usually half an hour though I guess) Doesn't help that I tie one or two here & #there - I don't get enough practise in.

Cheers

Adam

Well, I will have to post the pictures from home as they don't seem to be working. will try again one more time with this post.

Here goes...............

Ooh, it worked. Will try some more......

and again with the first one that didn't work

and again with the first one that didn't work

look. It is another backwards swimming prawn thing!!!

I know someone who ties an awesome fly for catching squid, nothing like this one. The squid like mine but the hook up ratio is not high enough.

G'day Daz, understand about keeping the hook eye open and whenever i epoxy a fly up i keep that in mind... dropped a few tailor on saturday around Mooloolaba.. both solid hookups.. but they bit through my 6lb leader.. i was mainly chasing slimey mackeral... both on epoxy flies.. surf candys to be exact

G'day Adam, some nice looking flies there mate. i like the look of that last squid fly, would make an excellent cube fly.. send it down with a few bits of pilly and u'd have a winner!

Good idea zeeke, maybe a bit of gut coloured stuff hanging out the end! As is it looks like a third of a little Yo zuri type pearl bellied squid jig.

Might have to give it a go.

Cheers

Adam

Nar it ain't a prawn its a thing called "Arfapilly" invented by some Sydneysider yonks ago. I've got one about as old as the hills. Max