Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zeeke Aka tim Aka freekin Legend!

Zeeke Aka tim Aka freekin Legend!

Got a package in the mail today from zeeke! had about 10-15 flies in it all up I reckon.
    bass vampires, eye flies, wobble shrimps and several other different epoxy flies he had made and sent to me! They look great tim, can't wait to try them out soon....... this M&G if it's not too windy!

Thanks alot tim, That's awesome!
    Mick

Re: Zeeke Aka tim Aka freekin Legend!

ill send you some of these in the next week or 2 mate, i wanna give some a run first

Tim

I often ask but no one answers why do we tie shrimps swimming backwards when they really swin front first. Thats where their eyes point. Max

dunno.. probably because a shrimps naturally reaction when scared is to flick back.. bit like the tiny hairs on a fishes lateral line, soon as it feels a pressure wave hit it, it makes the fish spasm and move a short distance.. probably the same for shrimp/prawns when a predatory fish goes for them.. so naturally, we fly fishos think we are smart and tie a fly to look like a scurrying shrimp

Tim
    p.s. dont know if im correct for others.. but eh.. wild guess??

watch what a shrimp or prawn when he is getting chased... he'll go backwards

Harry_In_Toowoomba

Tim, as per our earlier conversation, try the more natural colours as well. I think you'll find the Bream a little more receptive to naturals when they're a bit skittish.

Cant get the pic to load here, so here's the link to it.

http://groups.msn.com/FlyFishingDown...to&PhotoID=303

Harry

Neer Hair Surf Candy, what do you guys think??? any good??

"Any good"?!.......

Mix that fly in with natural minnows in a bait bucket and I'd probably grab the fly!

Yes, it's VERY good. How long have you been making lures Zeeke? You have quite a knack for it. You could sell those for sure!

That fly looks a lot like a hard bodied lure that I'm fond of called the Yo-Zuri Pinn Minnow. I bet it (your fly) would work just as well and would be cheaper to make.

Well done!

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

only been making flies for a couple of weeks.. and not really spent a whole lot of time making them.. prolly 9hrs in total over those few weeks..

i also am a fan of the Pin Minnows.. they are great baitfish lures and work extremely well on our bream and flathead..

this fly.. if the other fellas also think its great will be used for chasin mack tuna once ive tied up a few... doesnt show in the photo.. but the fly actually has a pale blue back to give it the differing shades of white belly, dark green lateral lines and a blue back

Tim

nice fly's zeeke you sure know what you are doing

ZEEKE.
    NICE WORK MATE.
    WHAT FLY VICE ARE YOU USING.????
    BLISTERS WANT'S TO GET STARTED,SO LOOKING FOR A ROTARY VICE AT THE MOMENT.
    REGARDS GEORGE.

Im using a Danvice which i paid $159 for at Fish Outta Water at Sydney via there Online Shop.. its been a pretty good unit for the price.. heres a pict

Tim

another one ive just wacked together.. a Olive Crazy Charlie with gold body

Tim

Whew! Nine hours total and your flies look that good? It takes me nine hours to make a single fly! ......and they don't look anywhere near as good as yours! You, my friend, I believe, are a natural. An artist!

I like how clean your flies look. There aren't any loose hairs or sloppy line clips and your construction looks very professional and finished. You're very good.

Of course the proof of the pudding is in the tasting. You have to go and catch some fish on 'em now. Testing your lures is a no lose situation. Even if they don't produce, you're still out fishing, having a good time and you learn what needs improving. If they do produce (and I'm guessing they will), well.......you can't beat that!

Good luck Zeeke!

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

oh.. they work alright i have caught fish on them hehehehe..fished around 10 days in the last 14.. so.. i spent alot of time tossing the fur around..

Tim