Thread: Newbie to site

Newbie to site

Howdy,

New to the site been spinning and bait soakin a while but very much in the beginning of my learning curve with d fly. Look forward to reading all your posts and perhaps pestering u guys for some advice.

To start with I am having a little trbl finding suitable prey in Sth Aust. Any advice would be appreciated salt or fresh.

Thanking u in advance

Niko

Re: Newbie to site

Hi Niko,
    Welcome to the site. Not to sure about living in south oz but there is always some hints and information that can be use full in in flyfishing in all areas. Ask away about questions i'm sure there is somone on this site to answer them.
    Steve

Living in south oz has its downsides, but the fishing isn't that bad! Whats wrong with fly fishing for salmon, mulloway, kingfish.......not to mention the smaller species (and bigger ones, like sharks if your interested in them!) With trout, redfin and carp in the fresh there is always something biting somewhere!!!

We will have to get stuck into those mulloway again soon Nick(hooray for sight fishing).

Cheers

Adam

Hi niko,
    I am pretty sure that the latest edition of Fly Life, has an article about Fly Fishing in SA. May be worth checking it out. If you do not already get Fly Life, I would reccomend it highly. It is chocked full of usefull information for the beginer and the experianced alike. Good luck with the Fly, and stick with it the rewards will outway any frustration at first.
    Cheers
    Tim

Niko,

What tim-flyin said is correct. There is an article on Port Noarlunga - here is the index

http://www.############.au/magazine/c...36/cont36.html

Cheers guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome
    I do currently subscribe to Flylife.
    I was secretly hoping that someone experienced would take me under their wing and show me the ropes.

Or perhaps give me some specific info.

No harm in trying [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

There are options here but when I see old Rexy up North just about anywhere I cant help but be a bit envious.

Even Nth Victoria has it over us ! [smiley=brood.gif]