Thread: Impoundment Bass Line?

Impoundment Bass Line?

Im looking for a new line for targeting schooled impoundment bass. Any recommendations? sink rate etc? SA uniform sink 3? striper 4 or 7?
    cheers
    Matt.

Re: Impoundment Bass Line?

Matt,

Haven't got much experience yet, but yesterday evening I was at the BFF club meet and John Schofield was there and gave us a talk about deep fly techniques for impoundment bass. He stated very clearly that he is sponsored by SA and his line of choice is the striper IV. From what I have heard he knows his stuff so I would be tempted to follow his recommendation.

Hope this helps

Scientific Anglers 1V lines are fast sink, and considering the deep muck in empoundments you might find it cheaper and equally as effective to go to a shooting head system using Lc13 lead core. If you are in NSW I'd have a chat to Roger Apperley in Nowra about the system he uses for empoundment goldens. Rather effective. Max

SNELLY

Max,

What about the RIO T14 - not as stiff as the LC13

Just wondering you thoughts on the T14

Snelly

Jack_Lives_Here

Striper IV [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] My reasoning - fished beside John one magnificent day on Somerset and he was managing 3 or 4 fish a drift and we maybe managed 1 - he does know his stuff.

The difference is dollars.T14 is dearer than LC13. Either way it sinks like a brick, but you need a good leader, tapered for best presentation. Max

The answer in a nutshell is Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV.

Do not and I repeat, do not get duped into buying anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy
    The answer in a nutshell is Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV, Striper IV.

Do not and I repeat, do not get duped into buying anything else.

What Smithy said.

Listen to Smithy mate [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

hee , cheers fellas, I guess the Striper IV is the go hey!
    Thanks again,
    matt.

STRiPER IV has this job hands down,,,, HOWEVER there is another line (I havent used it but George Vorsey uses it for his Bassin) Its made by RIO and i think its called a 'lake Line" It comes in Int and Fast sink which is what youd want. Not to sure on who has them but, sorry.
    Depending on what dam you are fishing, this time of year alot of them have some great fishing up against the bank in water arond 10-8ft (shallow banks that get the most sun early), Ive found these loner fish are bigger and if there there,there feeding. An Int is best for the shallow edges though (I use up too 3 diffrent lines in a morn session with bass). Alot more fun than 'dredggin" with the Striper 4.Deep flys deadly but. MQ

Gordon_Scamp

Forget the Striper, try a RIO Deep 7 - better sink rate than the Striper, much more forgiving core in cold conditions, super thin and therefore sinks faster/more consistently, also the line retails for around $115.

It is not just how quick it sinks that matters. There is more in it than that. The answer is Striper IV. People try all this other stuff but what do they come back to - that's right, a Striper IV.

Thats the 1 Gordon,,,, the RIO Deep7 Lake line. I use the StriperIV but have heared great stuff about the RIO. Hope to try it sometime. MQ

Thanks for all the advice. Ordered a striper IV the other day for $99.00. Ill stick to the one with the track record for the moment. Ill try the rio later. Been getting alot of the fish around the weed fringes and drop offs like you said Quinny. I haven't been able to wake up the schools though, so I need to get some flys down there!
    Cheers,
    Matt.