Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day out with World Champ

Day out with World Champ

Team Yummy Gummy(Duckbill & I) had the great honour of fishing with "The World Champ" aka Voltzy off Bribie today.

The Champ forgave me for hitting him on the head whilst casting my "impure" Gummy Minnow and hooking up and landing "his" Longtail on the last trip. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy O World Champ.

We set off from Spinnaker at 6 with high hopes of repeating the weekend's efforts.

As we headed up north along Bribie we saw a few bushfires on the island. We motored up almost to Caloundra. Very few birds working and lots of smoke.

We searched hard for Tuna in the spots that were "going off" only a couple of days ago, without any luck.

After noon, we found some bait that was been rounded up by a school of dolphins. We waited around hoping the Longtails would find the bait too. We called it a day mid afternoon.

We got to play with the "Champs" new toy - Saggy TCR 8# back at the boat ramp.

If he would honour us again, hopefully our humble team maybe able to blood his new Abel(boring black ) and wet his techicolour backing.

Wes

shawn

Re: Day out with World Champ

The honour of being in the same boat as his eminence would have been enough, although a fish or two would have shown his awe inspiring technique and infinite knowledge of this piscatorial creature that he is at one with.

Wes - got the gummy's in the post today thanks!

Bad luck on the toona..

Matt.

Aaahhh Wes, your memory fades fast. If I remeber correctly you'd already taken out the WC in the backplay with a swift Abel (coloured, not stealth black!) to the back o' the noggin' [smiley=argue.gif]. It was my longtail that the gummy stole and landed

Voltz,
    Shame about the lack of fish, you sure you're not the Jonah [smiley=confused.gif]

Lowy

nat_bromhead

Wes, was down the southern end with a client, a bit too choppy for us to venture north (he is old!!!)

Saw a heap of bait (rounded up by dolphins too) but no tuna.

Had some fun around the black pylon and outlet with pike, tailor, reefies etc...
    Bumped into the scientist(name slips me) who says he landed acouple of macks Half way up, and saw longtails too !!
    (I havent seen a mack for months....)

See you out there sometime.
    Nat

The day was not completely unsuccessful. The world champ did manage to hook up to something huge, and after a 10 minute battle successfully released a 70HP Yamaha

Wes is the master of getting his crew hooked onto 70hp Yammes,,,,, # "turn the %*$# boat Wes". Bad luck with the Toonas .... # MQ

I have to defend Wes for in this case it all happened with the engine off while we were drifting. The World Champ was on the phone and forgot to wind the line in. But all's well that ends well [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

gday fella's (and witchdoctor )

Lowy- get stuffed with this jonah talk you'll give me a bad rep- ssshhhh. Wes wanted to have a look inside duckbill's reel, luckily i stopped him in time Mate, when are you coming up next? you studying this semester? how is the lowe- trim Mk II going?

Wes, thanks again mate. BTW, i cant wait for you to win something so i can give you shit too

Duckbill- are you sure you didn't eat banana's for breakfast? # how dead was it out there? never seen it like that.

witchdoctor - read wes's reply- hahaha- PD will get a giggle out of that one. It was pretty cold out there, but you wouldn't have felt it with all that wool insulation. ba-a-a- ad joke- i know

Yeah, I have hooked 3 or 4 outboards in my time. This time we were dredging a reef (dumb to attempt this in breezy and tidal conditions) and a mate rang me for a report. Prop kept spinning in the current- no harm done to the line... mean wedgie though - thanks for the "support" duckbill .

Cheers

Voltzy

World Champ,

Any time you need another wedgie I am more than happy to oblige

T'was very slow, apart from all those friggin' dolphins...

I'll bet Voltzy couldn't wait to get his hands all over that motor.

Voltz,
    Yeah, back to study. Between work, study, tying and a few writing projects I think it'll be a while before I'm back up.
    The tangle tub's (think that's the name [smiley=idea.gif]) in the advanced stages. Managed to trim a bit of fat by sourcing some bulletproof resin for the base but it ups prod. costs a bit.
    Glad you managed to save duckbill's reel. Wes can wreak a lotta havoc with a little screwdriver [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif] [smiley=devilish.gif]
    Lowy

Lowy,

What's this about Wes, reels and screwdrivers???

nat_bromhead

Hey Duckers...Whens that Yak trip happening ?? Not this weekend ??

Ta for the Gummies...look hot in the water but havent found a tuna to chuck at this week...

Nat

G'day Voltzy Get out to Hutchies and do what we did when i took you and Scotty out that day.. Big Mac's aplenty and they're not fussy on what fly you send down.. Polar Fibre's and G.B.H's (Grievous Bodily Harms) have been good.. I'm off to Bowen again on friday