Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broke my duck (bill) - First Longtail

Re: Broke my duck (bill) - First Longtail

Nice fish Dave- well done.
    Got a coupla gummies in the post from Wes today, so now I'm set!
    Regards,
    Mick

nice work banana boy [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    know where i'll be this weekend
    cheers
    Glenn

Was it a drop shot rig,,,,,, ,, just kidding. Great work guys, Thats an awsome fish for a 1st one, good too see there out there again,
    What happened to the SnowBee? Didnt it make it through OK?
    Nice Pics too, MQ

well done banana boy but u have to put u other avatar back up as its more fitting

wish I hada gone out

Awesome stuff Dave - VERY nice fish! Congrats to Wes also for a fine fish and for managing to find some schools again. From what I hear, it's far from shooting fish in a barrel out there still (pun intended). The gummy is going to be likened to ring netting soon it's proving to be that lethal!! Wheres my gummies Wes

Matt.

Quinny,

The Snowbee is fine, it has just been broken in, not broken. Made a lovely noise on that second fish too... Drag was fine, even too good, for that is probably what caused that hook to straighten... 8) 8) 8)

Double Whammy,

I still have the banana avatar, just thought that I would enjoy the longy for a bit longer, but fear not, the dancing banana will be back

Bring Back Da Banana! Signor Banana!

Tim
    btw.. Friggen Awesome Fish!, one day we'll chase some from my boat if ur ever up ere!

nat_bromhead

Great fish guys...will let you know if they're still biting this week...fingers crossed. nat

Tim,

Will take you up on that

Ducks, sorry cant read, what hook was it anyway?
    Hooks Ill never use (again)-
    Mustard signiture tarpon
    Gama SWIASH
    Gama SC 15
    They are the best fish for testing gear on. MQ

Quinny,

Read the story again, it is all there [smiley=huh2.gif]

Mustad 34007 size 1/0...

Wes recommends the Gamakatsu SL12 and it definitely looks a lot tougher than the mustad...

Yeh Ive trained my brain to just glaze over tec.stuff wiff numbers #(yawn), and I cant keep my eyes of that Longy you got. Be safe and stick with the Big Games (SL12s), theres better/cheeper hooks about but these are easy too find. MQ

Will have to get some of those hooks...

It really isn't worth it saving 20c on a hook and then losing a trophy fish, for that LT was HUGE [smiley=oops.gif]

Look forward to my first toona on fly, nearly scored my first mackeral on fly the otherday, took my bro out fishing and he's a diehard meato, so there was a burley going over the side to attract some fish for him, some school mackeral came and hovered under the boat so i pulled the flyrod out and the schoolies went after the fly, first wack was taken on the surface.. didnt even move the fly.. but fish dropped the fly soon as it felt the line and i tried to set the hook, but i didnt manage to catch around 15 slimey mackeral on fly and they are great fun! pull too when they are reaching the 30+ cm mark.. and aggressive, i was tossing out 70ft casts and they'd hit the fly after 3 or 4 strips

Tim

Very nice fish guy's
    Does this mean you'l give up the nanna's Dave ???
    Cheers Chris