Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuna get together at Tin Can...

nat_bromhead

Re: Tuna get together at Tin Can...

Yeah Wes...there were about 4 of them on board !!!
    Sorry Glen...does it make you feel better if I say.....
    Im ... Going Back up this arvo and 2moro !!!

Sorry mate..couldnt resist

Nice shot Nat and not a g mmy in site, top stuff!

When i see those two fish i'm not surprised i didn't stop the beasties i hookes!

Cheers,
    Jon

go the bushpig!

I am an avid member of the G mmy free club

G'day Lonk... myself and Muzza hooked ours on small polarfibre flies that i call supersprats. Once we switched on to them from hardyhead type flies we hooked up three times in three shots, who needs g mmies eh! Unfortunately, being a complete jackass i didn't have the firepower to stop 'em, D'OH!

Cheers,
    Jon

Must also thank the big unit Steve for his invaluable advice re approaching fish, the guy knows his stuff Good onya mate. Next time the Elanora boys might boat one!

Nat, just post the TT pic, It may end up being used as an ad, Great spot that (Tin Can) lots of options, creeks ect, good park to sleep in, clean dunnys, what more could a fisho want. MQ

nat_bromhead

Thinking about it Quinny...

No gummies...Just the DNA Bush pigs on our boat....They are awesome in the water, one of the most natural appearing fibres Ive seen(colour blend makes them stand out from th rest... Check out the 'gel' appearance of this one in a tunas Gob...

Nat

Nat, you think you coould throw some hologhosts at them? and i'll fire up the vice today and get some other DNA flies going.

Avid member G mmy free club

Hi All,
    Wes i'm finding this winter very slow compared to the last. I went down to bribie the other day and on the way down the water temp was 20.8 Deg at Moolooaba. As soon as i went past Caloundra it turned to 18.3 Deg, maybe something to do with it because i saw bonito or small macktuna about 1kg a curra's ?
    Jon,
    Geez you make me sound like i have to go Jenny Craig's,thanks mate...
    Nat,
    Those DNA flies were awesome. To see that longtail turn from a metre away in the opposite direction and nail the DNA fly way it did was something i'll always remember.
    Steve

Hey Steve
    Yes - I have put the longy gear away. I'm currnently between boats. This year was very ordinary for longies down this way. I know of some that were caught but compared to the last 3 years this one was a shocker. For me, the weather was the biggest problem - I had 5 days where I got to Red Beach and turned around. The 14 footer just isn't enough boat sometimes.

Anyway, should be on the water by the end of the year so I'm looking forward to the run of big fish we get in the Bay around Christmas.

Roger and I are already planning to hit the 3 longy comps this year - are you looking to get amongst it as well?

Talk soon

Matt

Nat - you still heading out tomorrow........if so can you post a report.

was ganna head up with paul, but looking at the weather wasnt ganna drive the 3 hours to go up a creek and chase pike for the day!

cheers, Justin

Quinny,

Did you write your phone number in the Tin Can Dunny as well ??

Yeah Matt doing all three as well. Hope the weathers better this year for the comps. Got a new 12/13 WT GL3 Loomis last week should be a great tuna stick !!!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by duckbill
    Quinny,

Did you write your phone number in the Tin Can Dunny as well ??
    Nah, Your names and number took up all the space. MQ

Quinny,

Must have been another duckbill

I would never want to compete with you