Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kingfish or longtail

Re: kingfish or longtail

Quinny

Got my flyrod now... And my fly tying gear... But will still use SPs now and then, sometimes casting a fly line from a yak is just too much work....

nat_bromhead

Quinny...NO SP's at Tin Can 2moro eh....

Will find out shortly if I can be there tonite...will come up with Flytime if so...Hope the weather holds...

Wes...Yep...10 RPLXi and 10 Xi2 are my big guns. Sold a 12 RPLXI recently as I have never really found a use for it...My 10's do it all.

And the 3N is classic black...Oldy but a goldy, a sweet reel..
    Nat

Here's my only Kingfish, it's only a small rat. I'll count it as another species though.

My brother George (aka team_mongo) jigged one up off a Moreton Bay beacon, and all his mates come up to the back of the boat for a look. I drop over a Flashy Profile Fly on my 13-15# Nautikos and I was on. Too easy

Love to catch a "Hoodlum" class one, that would give my "Elephant Gun" a run for it's money.

Wes

P.S. Nat. Your ported Abel looks like it seen some battles. Seems to have a 3 drag knob though. Voltzy just got a boring black non-ported 4N, but it does have an outgoing clicker. I like to have a few "Elephant Gun's" around for when I hunt big mothers. I don't like to be undergunned.

P.P.S. Lucky_Mick that's your boring black reel. The backing colourful though.

I got one of them of a beacon out that way, but it was just a little bit smaller than that. Lucky it was small too, it was only 5-6 feet from the beacon when it hooked up, any bigger and i'd be looking for a new flyline because I wasn't quite ready for it. Powerful little buggers.

Nat I fish there almost every morning except week ends weather permiting as Wes said it is more like kingxross on hollydays, Ianded 2 same size again today they are every where this days I don't know how long it is going to last like this, I have 7 and 8wt sages I got one 12wt I dont use it anymore, because I lost fish on that as well, on the 8 I use sinking line attached with 7m of airflow shouting head tip, on the 7 I use intermidiat line because the fish are on the surface this days, chasing tiny bait fish and I am using 1inch flies.
    let me know if you want to link up it is ok by me.
    Duckbill the water the deepest part is 16m but I usualy get them from 1 to 10m deep.
    cheers vince.
    ps I use lamson reel with beefed up drag, and ###### trillium tld2.

nat_bromhead

Sounds like very sporting gear Vince...Great to hear..

Would love to have a go at them with you sometime...Will take you out chasing chuna as a swap....

All the best

nat

Hey Wes,
    why has that kingy got forceps sticking out its arse. You been doing some surgery or exploring ?
    Mick

Mick,

To paraphrase Rexy - "You Idiot"

The hemostats was attached to my shirt. I used them to get the hooks out. They've since rusted.

I hope you catch lots of fish with the "boring" Loomis Syncrotech.

Wes

Only geeing you up !!
    Mick

I only count fish caught off rocks. caught a lot of longtails, snack off a boat, off rocks hooked a hell of a lot, landed none due to distance and water drag. But I've hooked a lot of kings off rocks as well, some monsters, landed 2, not very big, 10lb or so. On the best fish stakes, kings in ANY size eat longtails for lunch. Longtails are dumb, run and slug a bit, kings are smart and take it right up to you instantly. Get a shot at both off a rock, forget boats, too bloody easy. Max

Max,
    No wonder Peter Beatie put the "smart state" on number plates.I thought he must have been referring to the longtails here.
    Steve #

He can't be all that smart, he lives in Qld. Max

Brett_Finger

Oh,
    Thats just nice that is Maxwell #
    Hope ya in good health mate.
    Hookin,Brett #

Hi Brett, How are ya doing. I forgot to mention he also votes Labor like Peter Garret VBG???? and the ex Mayor of Liverpool. Plus of course "Good On Yer Geoff" here in WA. But at least the Cowboys did the bronco's over in fine style. Now the Vics are not going to like a NOVIC grand final of the "Forcybaks" footy. I'll bet that hurts. I wonder how much effect the Fishing Party is going to make in Qld. Maybe if the fisho's get their act into gear, there may be some big shocks all round.
    I'm voting for the fishes, bugger the wacko's. Max