Thread: Visiting Aus soon - would like some advice

Visiting Aus soon - would like some advice

Hello All,

I just found this forum and thought it may be a good place to start in planning my fishing trip to Australia. I am from British Columbia, Canada, and work as a flyfishing guide, guiding salmon, steelhead and trout.

I am not familiar with the oppurtunities in Australia for flyfishing, but have heard about the New Caledonia bonefish and trevally fishing. This I am very curious about, but haven't found any 'real' information on it, except sites selling trips there. It looks great though, so the main question, can I get there without spending $5000 - $6000 on a resort package? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also I will be on the Gold Coast, and am curious if there is any good opportunites there and if anyone can give me some local knowledge on what is best on a limited time schedule.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it would be great if there is someone out there that has some good info regard these for a travelling flyrodder. And, if anyone is coming this way in the world please to hesitate to email me. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Yos Gladstone
    Whistler, BC, Canada

fishhardbc@hotmail.com

Re: Visiting Aus soon - would like some advice

Yos,Gday mate,theres a current topic on www.###################.com.au on New Cal.the boys are planning a trip there.And also gain some good info for your stay .Im from the sunshine coast if your heading up this way be happy to take you fishing.What was your schedule?
    Safe travels
    Al donald

what dates are you going to be on the gold coast? #if i have a day off during then your welcome to come for a fish with me.

cheers, Justin

You planned to go to other places in Aust. as well or havn't planned anything yet? If you havn't planned anything yet, I'd suggest heading up to north Queensland, anywhere from Bowen to Cairns. That's a lot of ground, but the fishing in the northern areas, especially during the warmer months, is second to none.

Ben