Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Favourite Saltwater Species

Re: Favourite Saltwater Species

Nice fish guys!
    In the words of the singing bearded burbler "you gotta know when to hold em know when to fold em" I am folding guys..you and Noddy are playing with stacked decks. I'm a newbie to this fly stuff and Blue Marlin on fly are pretty common these days anyhow, so take me chips before you throw that Triple Tail down!! Might have been the first Aussie with a Atlantic Permy on fly? but you got the Indo Pacific combo first so that hands stuffed..(BTW you and any aussie with a permit on fly should join http://www.dopap.com/ just for laughs.
    Anyway you guys WIN . So I am gunna scale down from the big salty stuff and will stick to small "man size" trout in ankle deep water on ultra tiny dries for a whilehttp://www.############.com/myegalle...&orderby=dateD and of course chasing the steelheads like this little fella my mate caught this morning http://www.############.com/myegalle...&orderby=dateD . However to save a bit of face,last month I managed to catch Sailfish,Yellowfin Tuna, Jack Crevalle, Ladyfish, Coho and my new saltwater favorite http://www.############.com/gallery/.../rockonfly.jpg on fly and it will suffice until I get back for a dose of OZ!

All the best and in the spirit of fun
    Randall

PS Scotto I want to subscribe to your Cattledog, how? Oh and I will leave you with this

One spaniard, off Carnarvon Jetty. 35lbs, 9.7lb tippet, Fenwick rod Feurer A/R reel. Late afternoon, good fun. Max

Scott_Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Maxg
    One spaniard, off Carnarvon Jetty. 35lbs, 9.7lb tippet, Fenwick rod Feurer A/R reel. Late afternoon, good fun. Max
    Great fish Max - I used a lot of what you did in those early days as my inspiration towards LBG and then saltwater flyfishing myself [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Regards Scotto

Scott_Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Randall_Bryett
    Nice fish guys!
    In the words of the singing bearded burbler "you gotta know when to hold em know when to fold em" I am folding guys..you and Noddy are playing with stacked decks. I'm a newbie to this fly stuff and Blue Marlin on fly are pretty common these days anyhow, so take me chips before you throw that Triple Tail down!! Might have been the first Aussie with a Atlantic Permy on fly? but you got the Indo Pacific combo first so that hands stuffed #8)

Anyway you guys WIN #

All the best and in the spirit of fun
    Randall

Randall:I found that shot from our old school days #

Do you remember that one Wes ?

And did some one mention Triple tails #

Now where's that Ace #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Regards Scotto

PS:You can subscribe On-line via the site - OR shoot me an email

> Ya just could not help yourself hey had to go that one step further and post the Triple Tail...Well its getting ridiculous with all the old photos being posted time and time again. Your tarpon and Wes's "I know what you did last summer" Golden Trev shot etc etc
    You dont see me doing that BUT
    one thing that sets my photos apart from the rest of the jumble sale here is the bloody ridgey didge QUEENSLANDER holding the fish up!!!

BTW

Scott_Mitchell

Radall:Now that's a dolphin fish - even if it is a ridgee didge Queenslander holding it

Did you mention something about the first to catch both permits

Would have liked to have been up the Cape last week - they where eating floating crabs off the surface 8)

Running out of chips - Scotto