Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fly swap?

Re: fly swap?

whatever

ok
    how about charlies and their ilk?

yeah there is plenty of options there. that'd be great put up some guide lines tommorrow and we're away.

right so
    will do

'til then ...

Hi all,
    Wow!!!! go away for a copla days and see what happens!!

I'm in any swap, I'd go with the saltwater one though as most are swsfter after all.
    anselmo ,
    If your happy with swap master then sobeit, if not I'll go (even though I'v got 4 on the go now!!)

Size 8 charlie styles..... I'll try a vam.

Gary

well either of you guyz can host it

i'll go with a little black sort of charlie a friend of mine showed it to me last year leading up to chrismas and it worked like dynamite on the tarpon at night when nothing else would get their attention.

wats everyone else gunna tie there is 6 of us at the moment

well its up to you catchabarra

its your show
    your idea originally, so you have first dibs
    if you want a hand or for me to take over yell out and i'll step in

i'll be tying a Long tall Charlie

oh, and i can still do up a basic set of guidelines as well if you need them??

Fly Swap Guidelines

Date (1) – Final Registration Date:
    Date (2) – Final Postage Date:

1) All tyers to register with swap master by date (1)
    2) All tyers to advise swap master of
    a) what fly they are tying; and
    b) their email address and postal address,
    when registering.
    3) Day after date (1) swap master is to email each participant with the number of flies required (total number of participants)
    4) All flies to be posted to swap master by no later than last post date (2)
    5) All flies to be individually toe tagged with tyers name and pattern name
    6) Flies to be securely packed in cardboard or plastic rigid container that is labeled with tyers name
    7) Container to be sent to swap master together with stamped, self-addressed envelope.
    8) Swap master will divide up flies ensuring each participant gets 1 of each.
    9) Swap master to start new thread on forum for feedback from participants (constructive and positive feedback only please – we’re doing this for fun remember, not to score points).

You’ll note I have asked that each tyer tie enough for one fly for each each participant, which obviously includes themselves. This just makes it easier for the swap master who can just divide them up evenly and not have to worry about who tied what etc.

Maybe as well if we start a new thread with the subject "Fly Swap - Charlies"?

then we can make sure that a casual observer will see that its happening?

that way we can (hopefully) make sure we get a full quota of ten tyers (swaps work best with 10 tyers)

righto well wich ever of you two gary or anselmo wants to host it start a new thread with same dates and we can get to it.