Thread: New England Tableland cod?

New England Tableland cod?

hey all i've been flyfishing for a few years know up in qld but only saltwater work,-tarpon, trevaly, tailor, flaties ect..

i've just moved down to amidale for university and i've heard the rivers in the surrounding area hold some good cod and other assorted freshwater species.

i own a 7/8# weight outfit. i wanted to know would it be to heavy, wat flies should i try out and where are some good locations?

if noone can help me could they guide me in the direction of some one who could?

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: New England Tableland cod?

Hey Vinny. Have caught a few of the greenfish down around the Tenterfield area and been well and truly skunked on a 10wt. Most of the best country is on private property and closely guarded by those that have access.
    Matt Graham is a guide down that way - wealth of info. Other than that, sniff around the local tackle shop - if they have one - they will most likely put you in the right direction to fish some coomon water.

thanks mate

Vinny, I've been to Jimargie a couple of times. It's a private property situated near Glen Innes on the Severn River. It's all wild fish and all catch and release. You can choose to either camp by the river or stay at the farmhouse about 1/2 hr 4wd drive ride away. Quite a few cod have been caught here on the fly and Jim keeps a tally of this on a board... the people from memory includes people like Harro, Schultzy, Leanne Payne etc. Give it go!!