Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Got 'im On'....Pics of nats' Galeforce 4.8

nat_bromhead

'Got 'im On'....Pics of nats' Galeforce 4.8

Not #sure if this is Kosha...but a few people have asked to see pics of my new charter boat.

To set the scene, for a few years I've been dreaming of setting up #a boat primarily #for guided Fly and sport fishing ;to be used in such diverse environments as shallow inshore flats, light bluewater, and impoundments.
    I needed the boat to have the following attributes: Comfort, quiteness, good ride, seaworthiness, fishability, stability, simplicity and practicality.
    I have worked out of a fair few boats , some shockers and some absoloute doozies, learnt from the good, and discarded dumb ideas of the bad.

After receiving quotes from all over NSW and QLD, I chose a 4.8 Galeforce . Tony Le Monsieur was a pleasure to deal with, couldnt do enough to help out, and did a fantastic job finishing the boat to my exact specs.
    I requested major changes to the bow, a larger than standard fuel tank, a side 'pod' for instruments, and the inclusion of a 2.1 m casting deck with 4 storage compartments below.

All up the package has come in at around $23k. Not bad for a charter vessel, in 2C survey, with all the bells and whistles.

Heres a few pics....

nat_bromhead

Re: 'Got 'im On'....Pics of nats' Galeforce 4.8

And the casting deck...

nat_bromhead

dry....

SNELLY

Nat,

Great stuff - now if I just could see the hatches etc at the front and back when you get a chance

Good work

So the name is Got im On ? That was one I had considered

Snelly

Nat,

Looks good.

Another step towards the creation of the ultimate flyfishing vessel.

Do you use a LMD(Line Management Device) at the front?

How about a poling platform over the engine?

Wes

nat_bromhead

Hi Wes...
    yeah, got a big blue bucket from Melco Miter 10 Hardware for LM. Cable tie to either port or stbd of leaning post according to anglers requirements. (No occy straps as they love flylines)...

Have the poling platform in the garage, the frame is on order, have given plans to a local stainless shop...(shouldnt need that till late October...)

Am offering a carton of anything to an angler who has something snare a flyline, whilst casting of the front deck

Snelly...just raced out and took a front deck shot...a bit messy, getting ready for tomorrow

Nat

Hi Nat,
    Sweet looking outfit. Plenty of room for flyfishing without snagging flylines on instruments etc... [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Steve

SNELLY

Nat,

Thanks for that - Plenty of room there

Cheers Snelly

Great boat nat,

back in TI from my flying visit down brissy, planning to take my 4.9 up here but will need an engine re-fit, thinking of an ETEC 75. Possibly cruising around west coast of Cape by December/January.

Dale

nat_bromhead

Dale,
    Have heard some good things about the etec.
    Still noisy at full noise, and pricey, but an improvement on the old.
    New injected 60 Yammie 4st will be out soon, You cant go wrong with a Yammie up there....90% of comm. users have them, and the local mechanic wont be scratching his head when a service is due.

All the best Nat

drb

Hi nat, I am possibly looking at a yammie 60 4 banger for my new project. can you give me a ball park figure on what yours cost?

darren

SNELLY

Dale,

Not trying to tell you what to do but -

Just watch going down the West Coast in Dec/Jan as that will be the westerly season and you get no protection down that way in those conditions. Probably a little earlier may be safer.

Just something to keep in mind

Snelly

nat_bromhead

Daz...got my Yammy 60 for $7600 !!! from Stones Corner. And they were great to deal with.
    First quote I got from another mob was over 9000!.

The motor is fantastic, no probs at all. Just make sure that you put a good fuel fuel on before starting it for the first time on a new boat.
    I fitted 2 filters, the first, a glass flow thru, had heaps of alloy shavings and other assorted peices of crap...not good for a new donk.

drb

thanks Nat, I'll keep them in mind.

I'll also befitting beefed up filters and water traps. I have heard a couple of stories of bad fuel from a local service station that I always use and sure enough when I checked my filter it had some water in it.

Had the good fortune to be taken out flyfishing on Pittwater last weekend on a mate's Galeforce. Lovely boat.

nb: Wes - I used to work in Sydney with a QLDer Wesley Pang in the mid 90's - you wouldnt be the one & the same would you?

All the best