Thread: Hervey Bay Golden Trev Flys ????

Hervey Bay Golden Trev Flys ????

One of my Students if flying to Hervey bay from japan this november to specifically target Golden Trevally on Fly - can anyone reccomend any popular and succesful patterns for some Flies to tie?
    Cheers - Raef and Hiroyuki

Re: Hervey Bay Golden Trev Flys ????

I like streamerhair clouser for Hervey Bay Golden Trevally.

The top clouser is a DNA clouser on a size 2 Gamakatsu SL12S - great for tuna
    The bottom fly is green/white streamerhair clouser on a 1/0 SL12S - great for Golden Trevally. Eyes are Spirit River I-Balz.

Golden Trevally caught on the bottom fly.

Wes

G/day Raef get Hiroyuki to give me a call when he gets here and I'll give him all the info I can on tides and flies and areas to fish.He can call me on 0407674350.
    Regards Paul Dolan

Thanks very much for your help guys - and Paul, I did hear u were a top bloke, thanks for that offer - Cheers, Raef

Reidy

Hey Paul, Nathan here Johno's boy I was going to reckemend you but its good to see you on the chat, John told you we are booked on a flight to Tassie in January to go down there and kick there buts again. Anyway I will keep a eye out for your posts,

Ps got a nice barra from Awoonga, next trip is Peter faust I went there 3 months ago but only fished for a couple of hours.

Cheers Nathan

G/day Nathan,good to hear ya still hookin a few, would love to go down with you and Jonno I had a great time last time I went down there, some amazing fish and country in Tassie
    Hope all is well with you and the family.
    Regards Paul

hey paul i just joined ausfish yesterday and its a pretty good sight, hows dan goin withthe barrado u know?