Thread: Brisbane fly spots

Brisbane fly spots

is there anyone willing to give up a few decent and chalenging spots around brisbane, besides the obvious ones like hayes inlet for flatties, nudgee beach flats for tailor (winter), brisbane entertainment center for monster mullet and pine river up around the train bridge for small travelly, if your really being generous by adding a few suggested fly patterns, from my experience most swoffers are into the conservation than other forms of fishing so feel generous by all means, cheers boys...

Re: Brisbane fly spots

bugger, i forgot how friendly the irish are or how tight (AS THE PROVERBIAL FROG) the aussie angler is, surley over the past 5 years a few more obvious to the locals fisheries have come on line, gee boys its 6 years years if you want to include the 12 months i spent in cape town, and no one is keen to give up any spots, i will even give you reptiles another one, the spill way at north pine dam after a flow, use a purple wolley bugger, well bugger me hey...

Hey M8 that woolie bugga works pretty well up the Mulgrave and Russell rivers south of Cairns too.

Buckley's Hole on Bribie Island, the inlet to Nudgee Creek or any of the beaches on the western side of Bribie are a couple of good options for flicking a few clousers around. Mostly for flathead, but pick up to odd mixed assortment as well.

The rocks at the north eastern corner of the hornibrook bridge (Redcliffe Peninsula) for flathead. It's quite popular at times.

Matt.

have a bash right out the front of the brisi river for snapper/squire on big flies and sinking lines.