Thread: Fly fishing virgin

Fly fishing virgin

Hey guys,

Have been thinking about starting fly fishing. Was contemplating getting a beginner 9 weight Redington set ie. rod, reel, line. etc

Would mainly be tageting Tuna, Mackerel, Trevally, Tarpon, Barra and Flathead. Could you please provide some info relating to what type of flies I should be using and where I can purchase them, I live in Hervey Bay. One of my mates my age has some fly tying gear and sed hed teach me how to tye some tuna flies and flathead flies but i will probably have to purchase the rest.

After i get the nac of it I will eventually upgrade to a better combo, naturally.

Any cooments or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Happy fishing
    Bazza_mundi

Re: Fly fishing virgin

Hi

1. Check this link out to a previous post. http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...36499976/11#11
    2. Understand that this specific chatboard can be be very quiet compared with the rest of Ausfish - not many posters.
    3. Try read the last 2-3 pages, it covers almost the last year's posts - useful info in reading the posts.
    4. I think you are making the best decision you will ever make.

Enjoy the sport - it's an artform, its more than just fishing.

Mike

Pm me if you have a specific question although I can't help much wrt to places being in South Africa