Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who does what flyfishing ?

Re: Who does what flyfishing ?

check the colour on that barra- magic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Dolan
    Matt yeh mate still kickin around,been getting a few clients Longies and mac tuna in the last few weeks and a few for myself also been getting a few barra at the dam on the Dancer that Lionel aka Lonk and I have been working on for a while now.
    The fish in the dam just love this fly, this is one of the fish from last sunday mornin.
    You'll have to come up for a fish.
    Paul
    yeah, would love to Paul! I've heard you've been getting stuck into the barra on fly up there, would love to go up and see how it's done sometime. I have enough trouble raising them on hard bodies let alone fly.. Nice work [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] The water looks cobalt blue in that pic.

Matt.

Matt that water is actually a real tannin colour it's just the sky reflection that's making it look that way,I think that's why most of the barra are that real bronze to gold colour in the dam it makes them look great I recon .
    Ant time ya ready mate just give me a call.
    Regards Paul

Hey Paul,

So that's the elusive Dancer you've been hinting about. Can't wait to see one first hand.

All Vampires, wooly buggers and minstrels for me this weekend. Hope Somerset fires.

Has Lenthals been picking up or is it slow like the other dams?

Cheers mate,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Dolan
    Ant time ya ready mate just give me a call.
    Regards Paul
    Np. I'll check with Voltz as to when your boat will be available

Matt.

Hey Paul yeh mate thats the dancer bloody good fly for the barra and bass in Lenthalls and when I get a chance I want to give it a run in Monduran and Awonga shouldn't be any different there.
    As soon as Lionel and I get a few things sorted we will post some really clear pics and the tying method on my site and here.
    I've been testing it for quite a while now and haven't missed getting fish on it since about September last year both barra and bass in the fresh and it's taken a big golden in the salt as well I've attached the pic of it.I'm sure there's plenty of other species that this fly will take it's got a very erratic action when stripped short and fast

See ya got a few at Awonga the other week,well done

Matt, Voltzy recons I should spend more time workin on my yard stuff that there's no fish there .

Regards Paul

Hiya Paul,

cannot believe how successful the Dancer is.

Still trying to get some things sorted out.

I'll have to get back to Lenthalls with ya sometime soon.

Mike

How did your trip to Southern Africa go at the beginning of March? Any tips and secrets?

I'm heading to the Okavango and Zambezi in June.

Cheers

Dont fly much at all. Some times i'll drag em out of the tackle box and try my luck at anything on the water. If you aim at nothing, you will catch anything.
    TT

Catchyfishy - see above post re Southern Africa trip??

Quote Originally Posted by sprat
    Mike

How did your trip to Southern Africa go at the beginning of March? Any tips and secrets?

I'm heading to the Okavango and Zambezi in June.

Cheers
    Sprat I 'm sorry I missed your Question - I wasn't looking for something posted here. I've sent you a PM

As soon as Lionel and I get a few things sorted we will post some really clear pics and the tying method on my site and here.
    Hi, I find tying and catching quite a challenge and am very interested in your 'dancer fly'. Any idea of when you will post the tying instructions ? How do I find your site ? cheers baldy

I had a girls look and eventually found it...thanks for that Paul..very interesting indeed. For those of you who are interested here is the link.
    http://www.frasercoastsportfishing.c...icle_128.shtml
    cheers baldy

G/day Baldy,sorry I haven't replied earlier just haven't been following this thread.
    Mate it can be tied in different materials and doesn't have to be DNA,I've tied some with kinky fiber and they've come out great and hooked a few barra just haven't landed a fish on them yet .
    I hope it's as sucessfull for you and others as it has been for me.
    I like to get a bit of a flat area under the head with the silicon to give it a bit more lift when retrieved.

Regards Paul

Forgot to add the pic.
    Regards Paul