Thread: Fly Fishing Classes

Fly Fishing Classes

I just started Fly Fishing and finding it quiet hard to even cast a fly,
    Does anyone know if their are classes run in Sydney - North Shore where I can learn to Fly Fish???

Re: Fly Fishing Classes

Try your local fly tackle dealer, they will know of guys in your area.

Wess

whatever you do don't give up. The rewards are fantastic. Flyfishing is as much of an art as it is a form of pleasure.

The byproduct hobbies like flytying, rod building and even taxidermy can keep you occupied for for years.

My secondary hobby has turned out to be buying more tackle to satisfy my primary hobby - watch out for that one.

Mike

S.S.

Justin Duggan is a great flycaster and guide in Sydney. #He also teaches flycasting. I haven't got the phone number but his website is as follows:

http://sydneyflyfishing.com.au/

Cheers

nathan_fishing

i just started fly fishing 2 weeks ago once u get the hang of it
    is fun its hard at first. good luck

_nathan_

nathan_fishing

Monday 21 August there is a salty flytying group meeting in North Sydney, why don't you come along. All details on Justin duggins site.

Tangles Hi,
    I run regular flyfishing workshops on the Northern beaches designed to get you fly fishing quickly. My next full day courses are on Sunday 13 & 27 August. You can check out my web site. Most good fly fishing stores should have my brochure or google me and check out my web site. I also can offer private tuition. Give me a call I hope I can help 9907 0682. I am a member of the Professional Fishing Instructors and Guides Association of Australia. I supply all the equipment.
    Best regards,
    John
    John Coles Fly Fishing,Sydney

Tangles,

Don't give up and good luck to you mate, to some people it comes very naturally but for some like my mate Wazza, it takes years - sorry Wazza.

All advice given take on board and what I suggest is to find yourself a fly fishing club, like I did when I lived down there and it was the best decision to make. Not only do you learn how to fly fish, but you make fishing buddies who have the fishing locations and fishing knowledge etc.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you a contact number of the club.

Again, good luck to you mate...