Thread: Borumba Grand Slam

Borumba Grand Slam

Went out at borumba this morning, the weather was perfect for about three or four hours and for the fisrt time had a grand slam borumba style
    pinned this Golden in the first few casts short while after seeing a few toga cruising we got a couple on the boat then a little while later got a rat Bass (40 cm fork length) the toga were caught on a woolhead/zonker combo and the golden and the bass were caught on a Vampire/leach type pattern we used a combination gin clear floating and intermediate lines with the Togas more interested in the sub surface fly on a floating line . My Mate and I were both using #5 Rods
    What a fun session

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Re: Borumba Grand Slam

And here is one of the Togas, The Bass wasn't worthy of a pic only being a Rat and all

Nice work Spatchy, nice little fat Golden there chap. Thanks for inviting me (Just kidding, we had visitors so I couldn't have come anyway). Besides spinning gear is frowned upon in your boat.

Hey mate
    Nice Fish, looks like some good fun on the fly rod

could always teach you the basics Tiges, gunna have to get there more,the water level has dropped there is alot more snags exposed now and prop killers hit acouple today trying to get out of the rain >
    thats if we can drag you away from the big macs

Looks like you guys had some serious fun there.
    Congrats.

Wess

hay fly fisho wood u fish borumba from a canoe or is borumba to big.
    i love togas toga toga toga toga "togas"
    figjam :wink:

Hey there Nuggster,
    mate I reckon you could easily fish Borumba from a canoe, in fact I know a few people who fish that lake reguarly from canoe with good results the stealth factor is unbeatable , you may find it difficult to get up the upper reaches (well it could take some time ) but there are good fish in the small bays around the basin so long as the water skiers arn't in force.
    if you are near the sunshine coast you should join the sunshine coast flyfishers association there ae heaps of people willing to give advice on fishing borumba and other lakes as well as saltwater stuff. its a great way to cut years off the learning process

great looking fish, love the back drop

Today - I am not fishing a five weight there anymore those fish are just to big this one was quite tame-able but I got buried big time twice just snapped 12 lb Nitlon like cotton

I just love it when you start seeing backing......

Great catch, well done

Wessel

Nice work Flynazi.