Thread: Fly fishing townsville

Fly fishing townsville

are there any fly fishers up this way? i brought my first fly combo the other day (Alvey 425b reel and 10WT rod) and am wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on where to use it. i cashed a heap of mack tuna around west point on sunday with out anyluck but am wondering about flats and mangrove fishing options? also what type of flies should i be using? and what type of retreaval method should i be using?

Re: Fly fishing townsville

Hi
    I do not know if you have caught up with us or not but there is a flyfishing club in Townsville called the NQ Flyfishers Inc. We meet at the end of the month on the last Thursday at the fishing warehouse starting at 1930hrs. otherwise give me a replyand we can talk where I go and the other members fish. We also have fly tying on the second Thursday of the month at different locations. This week we are fishing the Herbet river and will also have our meeting in Ingham. Hope this helps
    Ward

Re: Fly fishing townsville

Nathan

What fly pattern, retrievel technique were you using when you were chasing the tuna and got no takers?

Wessel