Hi Folks, my name's James from Singapore. I will be visiting Melbourne this 11thNov,Sat for 2 weeks on a holiday with my wife and friends, I will be bringing along my fishing gears, a 3wt and a 5wt. Possibly a light spinning rod as well. I hope you guys don't mind a couple of questions.

1. Are there any fly shops near where I am staying, Roxburgh Park?
2. What types of flies should I prepare? I will be bringing along my vise as I don't have time to tie anything right now. My main target would be trout as we don't have that here in my warm climate country.
3. I understand that it can be 'sensitive' to ask for fishing spots but if anyone has some place to recommend me to try out would be appreciated.
4. I wonder if the small pond at Roxburgh park is part of the fish stocking program. Would be a 10mins walk for me.

Some background info: I just started fishing May2005 with baitcasters. As for fly fishing, only 4mths ago. I practise catch and release as I enjoy only the thrill of fighting the fish and enjoying the scenery. Only trophies are the photos. I visit Melbourne once a year staying with a good friend of mine.

I tried baitcasting last year at Lake Eidon and Jack Roper Reserve, but without any results. I also went to Lakes Entrance and got a couple of small Tailors. Not sure this year if I am going to these three places. Thinking of heading up to some 'cold' streams to find some trout. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
James