Thread: SYSTEM II 10/11 SPOOL

SYSTEM II 10/11 SPOOL

HI Guys

Chasing a spare spool for my system II 10/11 if anyone has one lying around or knows where I could get one I would really apreciate it

Thanks Rod

Re: SYSTEM II 10/11 SPOOL

yeh mate, your timing could not have been better, my boxes that have taken 13 weeks to get here from ireland finnally turned up, and i just happen to have a spare system 2 1011 spool, im in wooloowin in brisbane, you can pick it up for nothing, if i have to go through the hassle of posting it, it might cost you, where abouts are you at...

That would be great I am unfortunately in Coolangatta.

aint that a bummer, was down the coast today doing a support vessel for a outrigger race from the seaway down to currumbin,

what ever the postage would be, it would still be cheaper than a new one anyway, do you ever come brisbane way if so i can just leave it in the post box for you, it will be sitting here for a fair while because my system 2 is the spare in the tackle box and a spare spool for the spare reel will never get used...

Mate would you be able to pm me your number so that I can give you a ring. I dont mind paying the postage to get the spool down here.

Thanks Rod

pm sent big fella...

Just received the spool mate, many many thanks!!

Rod

under 24 hours im impressed by australia post...

before you thank me to much, see if it works first as i have never used it as the line looked cheap and was 100/150m short on backing, dont wory about the bucks for it as i thaught it was going to cost around the $20 mark, it came in for next to nothing, enjoy mate...

What Line is on the spool?

i dint actually know, i brought the reel second hand, the line on the reel is a coldwater cortland 444sl WF-8-F that was used for Atlantic Salmon, on the spare one (the one you have) the paddy told me he used that one for pike fishing, the pike are harsh enough on fly lines so you dont spend a great deal on them, i dont know how it would even cast in tropical conditions, it would cast far enough when the tuna/macs are erupting but it would not be punching out 20m into a stiff breeze.

so all i can be certain of is that its an 8 weight that is on the cheaper side of things and the spool is to short on backing, sorry i could not be of more healp...

No worries mate, I spooled it up with my 10 wt intermediate line and it fits the reel fine . Will be testing it on the Barra on Monday. If you ever need anything from this end of the coast give me a shout.

Rod