Thread: targeting toga in hinze dam

targeting toga in hinze dam

Hi all,
    # #
    # Now that its warming up again im planing to target toga in the hinze dam, my attempts last summer got no results am hoping for some guidance from more experienced peoples who have had luck at targeting the elusive hinze toga.
    I'm a fly amateur using intermediate sink line and going to give the dahlberg divers a good go. I seemed to have trouble finding any lilly pads last summer anyone been out lately and found areas with lillies? any suggestions would be great.

Cheers
    Bandit

Re: targeting toga in hinze dam

bandit, stick to catching cobia off the pin u do alot better

Hi Bandit
    You won't find many lilies in Hinze until the water level stabilizes somewhat (ie. we get a couple years of decent rains). The upper reaches are where you'll find the toga. Western arm from Ian's Island back up to Pine Creek (you can put in at the ramp at the ramp at the top end before you get to the bridge) and the Little Nerang arm upstream from the Upper Intake tower (put in at the ramp off little nerang road). Just work quietly along the banks looking for any structure from little sticks to shallow grassy areas. Don't be scared to keep trying late into the morning either. Make sure you fill out a catch card (even if you don't catch one!) and add your annual permit number - you could win a $100 tackle voucher.

G'day

cobia1, Haha its all good mate but i have my heart set for a toga on fly!

d-man, Thanks for the info i didnt know about the catch card/$100 prize what a treat that would be
    I headed out the other day from the little nerang road ramp my report is in the freshwater reports section if u care to have a look.. no toga yet though.

Cheers
    Bandit

Bandit
    I got one 2 weeks ago from the eastern arm, the one goes left from the BBQ car park, I have been trying very hard for them as well, not that easy is it?

cheers vince