Thread: bass flies needed

bass flies needed

i am looking for a good bass fly supplier here in brissy vampiers mostly and a few clousers

Re: bass flies needed

the horehouse in cooparoo has a fair selection,its on cnr old clev road and bennets rd

Hi warrior, after your post to my question i rang a few stores to see who had some flies in stock. Pretty much springwood marine had some vampires and some darlbergs which are both nicely tied, so i bought a few. I was also told to go to fishhead, he is down the bayside somewhere but apparently has a fair stock. On the coast doug burts has best range i've been told but when i rang was out of vampires.

Thanks for your help, hope i've returned the favour.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

Hi warrior,
    I know you said brissy but if you make your way to the sunny coast you coul;d go see the guys at Tie n Fly at Buddina just up from ythe point cartwright boat ramp at the shops Gavin has heaps of Bass flys there tied to whats happening on the water at the moment, I don't know if you have ever been in there but its pretty good having queenslands only Fly only shop so close

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

thanks for the replies men,i have been to tacklewharehouse they are too over priced with most things and the shop on the sunnycoast was brilliant wish there was one here like that.will try springwood.

Hi Al. Why not just pinch em out of Paul and Petes boxes when they aren't looking. Pauls got that many he wouldn't even know there missing. I tie most of my own now. Got to sit down and do up a batch when I get around to it. After Awonga probably. And yes Tie N Fly has the best range that I've come across. Bit easier for me to buy them from there as they are just up the road. Have you thought about getting yourself a vice and tying them up yourself? Works out even cheaper per fly. Would love to get Harry to teach me how to tie them properly though. I'll see Team Bonnie & Clyde at Awonga in a week and a half.
    Billyboy

how are you sniper, got some tied from brad,did a great job of them too,got some vampires in three dif colors and some clousers his prices are good too ,see you at awoonga hope we both break our ducks for this dam.

Al, Good to see you survived tassie. Must have been a bit chilly down there. Looking forward to Awonga. Have you ever fished there? This will be my first time so will be happy with any barra looking fish. See you up there
    Bill

no bill havnt ben there still a virgin,we will be happy to land any barra for a start,hopefully trev can lead us the right way.

Al, I reckon Trev may lead us up the wrong creek if he fishes the comp too. Only kidding Trev. He's a great bloke and I'm sure he'll give me the good oil. Not so sure about the advise he'll give you Al. lol Wish it was Thursday now. Be up there hooking into them.
    See you up there in a few days time.
    Bill
    P.S. You bringing your bass fly gear to try and tackle one of those monsters? LOL

no fly gear this weekend be happy to hook them with the rod for a start my fly gear is a bit small for barra