Thread: casting lesson

casting lesson

i just had a casting lesson from one of the pros at tie and fly, and it was awsome. it helped heaps and i am casting heaps better now because of it. im keen to get out and smash some more fish on fly than ever before THANKS TIE AND FLY . all i need now is an outfit so im still looking 4 a good CHEAP secondhand 6/7/8 wt outfit to stop this burning in the back of my brain, it won't go way. i think im sick with long wand disease and i know the only cure is to get a rod and cast the sickness out of me. so you can help with a good cheap secondhand outfit please let me know (the mrs won't let spent much)
    figjam :wink:

Re: casting lesson

Hi nuggstar

i'm also just trying my hand at fly and was wondering if you could tell me where abouts this tie and fly might be, as i am in need of a lesson

Thanx matt

it's in buddina on the sunny coast qld on point cartwright dr, at the end in the same shop as mooloolaba longboards. look up www.tienfly.com you can find out more there

Good stuff Nuggstar Gav is a good bloke I think everyone on the coast learnt to cast with Gav mate those innovater rods arn't bad for the price what rod did Gavin give you a cast of ?
    you had better hurry up Tuna season is almost here
    you should check out the sunshine coast saltwater flyfishing association we are meeting on the 15th of Jan its pretty freindly and a great place to catch up with a few gurus

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

not shore what the rod was he just said that it cost $500.( l liked it ) does the sc sw flyfishing association have a web page flyfisho ? and yah i liked the look of those innovater rods to. gav is the man he shore knows his stuff. i would love to go to that meeting can you give me more info please

the meeting is at the kawana community centre at 7 pm and they don't have a web page unfortunatly , the community centre is behind centrelink on point cartwright drive anyones welcome see you there

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org