Thread: Fish Stocking Groupes

Brett_Finger

Fish Stocking Groupes

Hi,
    My family and i are woveingto brisvagus in the near future and i was wonder about stocking groupes ??? what are some in the Brissy area that i could possibly look at, i will be hopefully liveing in the Logan area.
    Hookin, Brett Finger.

Re: Fish Stocking Groupes

Hi Brett,
    You there are several stocking groups in South East Qld.
    There is the Maroon/Moogerah Fish Stocking Group, Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn, Australian Bass Assn, Hinze Dam Fish Management Committee, Atkinsons Lagoon Fishstocking Assn, Lockyer Valley Fish Restocking & Management Assn or the Brisbane Valley Anglers. These are all within driving distance of the Logan Area.
    Or you can go to the following link to see all stocking groups in Qld- http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/StockingGroups.htm

Great to see you wanting to put something back into your own fishing future.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Brett_Finger

Fitzy,
    mate very keen to get some barra into an impoundment down there.
    was speaking to a chap on the phone last night and he told me about a Barra farm/ impoundment in the sunny coast area that is growing out some good fish!!
    Hookin, Brett.

There is also a few farm dams on a property close to Lake Wivenhoe that has had barra in it for several years now. Still alive & kickin.
    So much for the old "barra won't survive the cold water of SE Qld".
    Suppose the anti-barra brigade will have to come up with yet another excuse to stop em.

Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Brett_Finger

Mate,
    my family and i are moveing to brissy in the near future, lets get toughter for a fish
    Hookin, Brett

Holy flying Barramundi, Batman!

Just when I though it was safe to move to SEQ, the Big Fella decides to migrate south!!

G'day Brett - good to see you're moving a little closer - saves me a drive to Cairns to catch up again! What's a nice boy from the bush like you gonna do in Tinsel Town?

We're settled in at HB now, but haven't really given the fishing much of a nudge yet. Been up to Bundy a few times in the last couple weeks - great little town - sorry we didn't get to see it last year when you were still there. Maybe you can join us sometime after your move to the bright lights and show us the ropes at the Baffle. We drove on to Fred Haigh after Bundy last Saturday - low, dirty, and medium blue-green alert.

Picture in last Fridays' local of a 12kg Jack caught just off Fraser - got a set of fangs on him that'd make a Grizzly cringe. Thought of you and the Baffle when I saw the picture

I'll send you contact details in the mail. When's the move happening?

Hi to Fitzy too - long time no talk. Back on the 'net now, and once completely settled will be giving the impoundments the once over. That's if there's any water left in them - doesn't it ever rain up here? Or maybe I shouldn't ask that - might've Jonah'd myself! Will be watching this board with interest for all the good oil.

Cheers
    Jim Linden

Brett_Finger

Jim Maaaaaaaate,
    absoutly great to here from you!! hope you and Cindy have settled and are enjoying the lovley QLD weather 8)
    mate could you please e-mailme your now contacts as i would love to catch up for a chat.when we get settled you can put ya money on us getting into baffell for a jack Attack!!!!
    once again Jim really great to here from you
    Hookin, Brett

The thing you see when you haven't go a three oh handy!
    G'Day Jim,
    Yep long time no talk. Good to see you made it to the Sunshine State OK, they didn't tell ya that sunshine meant lots of it & no clouds (rain) eh?
    Heck, Monduran (Fred Haigh) is only a shadow of its potential (water supply) but is still producing some good bass & barra. Also got Lenthalls a bit closer to you & a few good spots just south & inland. Then we could start on the briny stuff.
    Good to hear from you & bend a rod soon.

Cheers,

Fitzy..