Thread: Joining a stocking group

Joining a stocking group

G'day

I was just wondering the other day when I was out on Cressbrook how i could help keep these fisherys in "tip-top" conditition for the next generation. Is it possible to join a stocking groups? And if so can anybody help with names and contacts? ???

Regards

Chris J

imported_admin

Re: Joining a stocking group

Chris

Check out the FFSAQ website for info on stocking groups and contacts

http://ffsaq.ausfish.com.au/

Thanks for that link. Found all the info. need

Regards

CJ 8)

Hi Chris,
    Good to see you are keen to get involved. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you out. I've been involved with fish stocking groups for close to 10 years now. Can't say enough about the folks invovled.

Be happy to help you out with any enquiries.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Chris,

Its as easy as finding out when and where they meet and turning up. You will never find a more freindly group of people from a diverse range of back grounds all with the same common goal.

Cheers

Simon.

Yeah i would have to agree with u both about the people involed in these groups. From my limited contact with the people in these groups (mainly the lot from Warick) i have found that they a the happiest mob around ( funny buggers as well) and the are all have one dream and that is to maintian these fishery we all love well most of us some people just want a feed but that another can of fish.

Fitzy I will keep that offer of help in mind so far i have not had time to take my inquirers any further to much fishing

thanks alot guys

Regard

Chris

P.S. If u know of any stocking group that ever need that extra hand please feel free to send us an e-mail I'm only to willing to help

Hi Chris,
    I think I can safely say that almost every stocking group going needs a hand at one time or another. Some are desparately short on members & volunteers. Particularly for those groups that run fishing comps to raise $$$ for fingerling purchase.

What area are you in? Perhaps I could suggest some options for you in regard to where you could help out most without you needing to travel all over the countryside.

Great to see someone who is prepared to gibe up a bit of time to help ensure their own fishing future. Good on you.

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Fitzy I'm from the Toowoomba area but I'm happy to travel in South-east Queensland. Your suggestion would be greatly apperciated.

Hoping to help......

Chris Jowett

Hi Chris,
    If you're prepared to travel a little, following groups are within your area.

Cooby & Cressbrook.
    Toowoomba & District Fish Stocking Assoc, Inc.
    P.O Box 3058 Village Fair Toowoomba Qld 4350

Somerset, Wivenhoe & Atkinsons
    SWFSA inc
    PO Box 541 Ipswich. 4305.

Lake Dyer & Lake Clarendon.
    Lockyer Valley Fish Restocking & Management Assoc, Inc.
    2 Alexander Street Laidley Qld 4341

Nobby & District Fishing Club Inc.
    MS 544 "willowglen" Clifton Qld 4361

Oakey Freshwater Fish Stocking Assoc,.
    P.O Box 262 Oakey Qld 4401

Can get you phone numbers for any group you'd like to contact.

Cheers,

Fitzy..