Thread: Trevally

afro

Trevally

Could anyone tell me if trevally are going to be stocked into impoundments? If so whats the time line? and which dams are being considered for stocking program? Thanks.

Re: Trevally

There has only been some preliminary research into the growth rates of juvenile Big Eye Trevally. They showed phenomenal growth & survivability. The vital funding for research is there but the Big Eye projecy just doesn't seem to get to the top of the list. Seems that cause there's no commercial dollar to be made from Big Eye breeding & stocking it isn't a priority. Same goes for Jungle Perch.
    Somewhere in the next decade should see some trials get underway, I hope.
    Where? Possibly any coastal weir or impoundment on the Qld coastline as Big Eyes are found in all coastal waters from NT to NSW.
    It will also depend upon the beaurocrats who listen far too much to the Greenies. They could well stymie any new species including Jacks. >

Hope that helps.

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

afro

Re: Trevally

thanks for that Fitzy, its a pity because i think there could be nothing better than being busted up by a big surface feeding trevor on bass gear.