Thread: Blue/Green Algae; Moogerah/Maroon trial. Meeting.

Blue/Green Algae; Moogerah/Maroon trial. Meeting.

Forwarded email from the Maroon/Moogerah Fish Management Assn.
    [hr]
    25 July 2002

Dear Sir/Madam

MMFMA would like to extend to interested persons an invitation to attend our next meeting. At this meeting there will be in attendance representatives from CSIRO to discuss the findings of the Blue Green Algae study which was undertaken over 3 years on Maroon Dam.

This meeting is 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start, and is to be held at Simons Hotel,Boonah, on Wednesday 21st August

As this study was done on one of our local dams, and discusses the effects that blue green algae has on both the water and the fish species, we are extending this invitation to all interested persons.

Yours in stocking

Jenni Kaatz

Secretary

Maroon Moogerah Fish Management Association Inc

PO Box 33
    Kalbar Qld

Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Re: Blue/Green Algae; Moogerah/Maroon trial. Meeti

Did anyone make it to this meeting???? I had to work so couldn't go. What was the general gist of research to come etc. Did they mention the effects of the different forage fish species between the two dams. Love to know any info you can pass on.

Cheers

Simon.

WHITTO

Hey Simon check the date it hasn't happened yet,you may get a reply in a couple of days, should not complain about the weather,Im going a bit stir carzy the wife caught me sneaking out the back door with a rod and lure to have a few casts, Bloody holidays. Cheers Whitto

I got home from work at 8 pm, so I didn't get a chance to get there. Have read most of the info anyway, tho I did want to get there.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au