Thread: Caboolture river

Caboolture river

Does any one know if the Cabooture River has ever been stocked?

How would some one go about obtaining permission to both, raise money, and stock it?

Species wise, I suppose bass would be the primary fish of choice?

I have fished below the weir and seen small bass trying to get up the poor excuse of a fish ladder that is in place. How would some one go about getting this improved? The fish ladder really is a joke.

Re: Caboolture river

Hi Jack_attack,
    There is a group already stocking the Caboolture River. They have already been stocking mullet & bass I think. I don't personally know anyone from this group so I'd suggest you contact the Freshwater Fishing & Stocking Assn of Qld (FFSAQ) for any help in a contact or setting up a new stocking group. email ffsaq@logicworld.com.au or visit their website at ffsaq.ausfish.com.au

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Thanks for the advice. I will do that.

So what did U learn, ? Bass were released into the upper part of the river about 2 years ago. We could petition council to improve the ladder.
    E me on halkic@optusnet.com
    Regards Kilkenny

Quote Originally Posted by Kilkenny
    So what did U learn, ? Bass were released into the upper part of the river about 2 years ago. We could petition council to improve the ladder.
    E me on halkic@optusnet.com
    Regards Kilkenny
    There are some government grants available under the 'fishways' projects but I'm not sure they would be enough to cover the cost of a big fishway, more for weirs than dams like northpine.

Hey Jack,
    Lets get together and see if we can convince the council on repairing the fish ladder.
    "Many hands make light work''
    Kilkenny

Hey Jack,
    Are you able to put a canoe on the lake system up past the weir without Caboolture Councilgetting hot......?
    Kilkenny ???

Sorry, haven't had time to scratch lately. Work sux. I will be snowed under for a few weeks yet. Once it eases up a bit I am keen to put some heat on the council about the fish ladder.