Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teemburra stocking

Teemburra stocking

How many barra have been stocked in teemburra.?When were they first released,?
    cheers george

DRJ

Re: Teemburra stocking

Hi Big George

We first stocked barra into Teemburra Dam a little over 3 years ago. I don't have the figures with me however of the top of my head and relying on a very unreliable memory the number of barra stocked is about 300,000. The maximum size at the moment is about a metre.

Regards
    Darren

Neil_c

Hey George this is to whet the appetite.

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/Mag...Mag/QFMmg.html

It should be the cover of the latest QFM magazine.If they got this one from where I think it is they did real well to get it to the boat.

Neil

Thanks daran and neil
    Whats your best lure in teemburra daran?
    Neil. looks a lot like the area a bloke with a mow caught some on koolabungs.Talked to eddie the other day re lures .His building some with lead in them to make them less bouyent.
    cheers george

Neil_c

The bloke with the mo is still trying to get one as big as that Maybe one of those less bouyent Koolabungs will do the trick

Neil

DRJ

Hi Big George

Sorry for the delay in replying.

My best lures in Teemburra have been the rattln rapala in the smaller sizes (colour not important) and the good ol' Reidy's Little Lucifer in the brown/yellow colours. I have lost more of these lures to fish than any other so you might find a few on your trip.

Regards
    Darren

Thanks daran /sooty/neil.
    cheers big george

Hi Daran.
    What sort of tackle are you using in teemburra.Rod/reel/line.?
    cheers george

Neil_c

Gday B-G

For my two bobs worth for a while now I have been using a GL2 5'6" Loomis baitcaster for close in timber work and a new 6'3" Crankbait for trolling and chucking lures around the weed beds.

Both rods have ABU's attached as they are bullet proof and when refitted with quality drags do the job nicely. There is no mucking about with our Barra and Sooties so our reels are filled with 30lb braid. Leaders are generally 40lb but no doubt will go higher as the Barra get bigger

Neil

DRJ

Hi Big George

For those of us who don't have the cash for the Lumis (that's how you spell it isn't it Neil) we have to use different outfits.

I have only just moved over to braid in Teemburra as I was sick of getting busted up on mono in the timber. My main outfit is a a Shimano Cardiff with 40lb braid run over a Fenwick HMG. I use a twisted leader just to take out the initial impact. This outfit is used in the timber.

When trolling in the more open sections I use an ABU 5600 C4 spooled with 10kg Mono and 30lb leaders over a Wilson Live Fibre Classic 8kg rod.

Both outfits have served me very well.

Regards
    Darren

A 48 cm Koolabung Sooty from Eungella caught by my son

trying again

Neil_c

Holy heck! It's not often ya see a Sooty woof down a lure like that. I'm starting to see a pattern forming here, yellow Koolabung=plenty fish

Neil

Neil,
    Adam caught our only 4 fish at Eungella on Koolabungs. 3 Sooties and a Sleepy , says something to me to.
    See Ya Kev

Sooty.
    What colour koolabungs??. Please Don't tell me flo yellow