Thread: Donations to support Fish Stocks

Donations to support Fish Stocks

I've got to give a big wrap to a couple of businesses who've kindly pleadged donations of $1000 each to assist in fish stocking initiatives in Qld.
    These are:
    Platypus Fishing Lines (Australian Monofil)
    and

Australian Bass Tournaments (ABT)

The recipients of the 2 x $1000 donations will be announced at the Southern Qld Freshwater Fishing Workshop held at Blackwater on May 29 & 30.

Recipients will be selected by myself considering:
    -the groups track record
    -current projects
    -other funding sources
    -how the money will be utilised
    -how the money will improve the fishery

Many thanks to these 2 businesses for supporting fish stocking initiatives in Qld.

If there are any other businesses or individuals who would like to support fish stocking projects, simply drop me a line and I will make sure you're donation is well spent.

I hope that I can gain enough support from businesses & the fishing/boating industry to turn this into an annual award scheme. These two businesses are the ones who have started the ball rolling, good on 'em. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Many thanks,

Garry Fitzgerald
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Re: Donations to support Fish Stocks

I`d like to give a wrap to these two businesses as well mate.

The ABT boys have always supported fishstocking and it good to see that they are the ones putting the money where there mouth is.

Well done!!

RG

After seeing so much rubbish on TV these days about selfish football players, it is good to see companies such as these "GIVING" to benefit the general public.

It will be interesting to see just where these donations go, as there are many worthy projects out there.

Thanks Platypus and ABT!

Where & what times are these workshops being held? I'm in that area & haven't heard anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by freefish
    Where & what times are these workshops being held? I'm in that area & haven't heard anything about them.
    You need to be a member of one of Qld's fish stocking Assns, each of which gets to send two delegates.
    If you're in the region, I would contact Peter Long at QFS Rockhampton & he can hook you up with one of the local groups.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

DRJ

The Mackay Area Fish Stocking Association was a proud receipient of the $1000 from ABT and wishes to thank ABT for the funding.

We wish to also thank Fitzy for organising the sponsorships. $1000 goes a long way to help with making sure we have great fisheries.

Thanks again to ABT and Fitzy.

Darren Jennings
    Chairman
    MAFSA

The recipients for these kind donations are as follows:
    $1000 from Australian Bass Tournaments (ABT) was given to the Mackay Area Fish Stocking Assn (MAFSA) for being a pro-active group that are leading the way among their peers. Visit MAFSA's website at http://www.mafsa.com

$500 from Platypus Fishing Lines was awarded to the Pine Rivers Fish Management Committee to assist in their stocking projects. PRFMC are currently trying to breed saratoga to and develope the area around Boral Landing. They have successfully negotiated a limited boating access scheme on lake Samsonvale where no access was previously allowed. Visit the FRFMC website at http://prfma.tripod.com

$500 from Platypus Fishing Line was awarded to the Wuruma Dam Fish Restocking Assn (WDFRA) as an Encouragement Award. The extended drought had a severe impact upon several stocked waters in Qld, Wuruma Dam included. This has made fund raising difficult & it was decided that the $500 donation would assist this group through a difficult time. Visit their website at http://www.burnett.net.au/%7Eblundell/

Congratulations to the lucky recipients.

I would like to personally thank both Australian Bass Tournaments (ABT) and Platypus Fishing Lines for thier generous support.
    There are already other fishing/boating industry businesses who are interested in supporting this project.

Regards,

Garry Fitzgerald

Looks like the list of those who received the donations, really did the hard work before hand. However it doesn't stop there.

Wuruma is having a comp in September, so I hope many like myself will visit the dam for the first time in an effort to support the stocking group.