Thread: Finally , topping up Hinze !

Finally , topping up Hinze !

Well after 3 odd years of no Bass going into hinze dam it appears that the stocking group that look after Hinze have finally secured 10'000 Bass fingerlings dew for release very soon.
    lets hope they can secure more for the following years to keep things going.

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Re: Finally , topping up Hinze !

Hinze dam last received a batch of bass fingerlings in Dec 03'. The ONLY reason that it has taken so long for another batch to be put in is this...hatcheries state wide had trouble raising their stocks to a suitable size, with most (if not all) hatcheries encountering near 100% losses in their grow out ponds.

I know you may be excited about another batch going in...and if all goes well they will be going in by the end of the month...but please dont make out that the stocking com is sitting on their backsides doing nothing! The stocking com of the hinze and other QLD impoundments have all had the same probolems over the last 2 years...its not that they dont want to put fish in...ITS THEY COULD NOT GET ANY FINGERLINGS TO PUT IN!!!!

its not a bagging post bud.
    justa for the general info side of things.
    i understand you cant stock without a product to stock.
    i was pleased to hear of the stocking from fellow member from my club
    i also hear that our club has in the past donated Sarratoga for release to the hinze dam.
    so not looking to put down the efforts, even though i have bagged the stocking groups efforts in the past.
    at the time i was enoyed with the fishing standard the dam offered.
    and felt that hinze wasn't getting enough attention.
    and the infomation i was after wasn't exactly forth coming .
    but water under the bridge so to speak.

Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Is there any truth in the rumors about the stocking of Mangrove Jack into SE QLd impoundments? Now that would make things interesting.

elysium...its great news about the restocking but why did the hatcheries experience such losses ..???