Thread: Redclaw in lenthalls

Redclaw in lenthalls

Hi Ausfishers

More of a question than than a idear, with the stocking of Barra into the impoundment, firstly do barra eat them and if they do would it be feasable to put them in there?

I am shore that barra would eat them, and I know that any crustation adds condition into fish.

Cheers TT

Re: Redclaw in lenthalls

I cant see why it wouldnt be feasible to put them in there.

Cheers
    James

It may be feasible but not legal to do so

Yes I know its not legal, but by taking the correct avenues would people what them in there, they are a food sorce for the barra, and a tasty bi catch for the fisho. #The only thing I could think of is the ecological side of it, if there is any. Its one of those things where if theres nothing wrong with them being in there then put them in there.

Cheers guys TT

- Yes barra do eat them
    - as mentioned it is illegal to stock them into that location
    - there is already a local crayfish Cherax destructor
    - no need to stock redclaw

regards,
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

They are already in there, apparently.

Go and throw a trap in there and see for yourself. I have heard of guys who have caught them out there whilst chasing Shrimp.

Heard a story today about some of the early fishing comps out there, a guy used to sell live Redclaw as bait. Whatever was left at the end, became the foundation brood stock of todays Lenthalls Redclaw.

Thanks guys i know the destructor is already in there, but was wondering about the quadricarinaris, Anyhow you have answered my question.

Thanks TT