Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    I live quite close to it, but I know i can't help much (being 14 and all) but just driving past it told me that it would make a great fishery!
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

  2. #47

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Spoke on friday to a redland shire councillor-reply was "Not even a chance while this mayor is in charge"
    Again,this is not an official statement-but just an opinion from one who works in the inner sanctum at R.S.C.

  3. #48

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Have been dreaming of winning the lotto of late because there is a block of land for sale on Duncan road. Thinking it would make a great carpark and launching area (mind you only when the dam levels are fairly high).

    Count me in and I volunteer Duncan to help too.

    will send you a PM Fitzy

    Janelle

  4. #49

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Hi all

    I have grown up in the redlands 30 years ago and i think it is a great idea on a few fronts. As previously mentioned it would be a very good draw card for tourism and secondly it would be a extreme positive from a environmental point of view.in helping the control of talapia
    Having said i know how much the RCC like to make it as difficult as they can with anything. In my experience unless you know some one in the RCC or some else who does you are really pushing $hit up hill.

    I believe one good angle of approach would be getting the local environmental agency, on board for starters One of the directors used to work for RCC as a Senior Conservation Officer for 6 years and as they still liaison with RCC he would have good contacts within the council. Also i am sure that they wouuld have to had done inpact studies on the dam before and should know it inside out

    Would have to help with any submissions i would imagine

    PM me for contact details

    Good luck

    Pop-eye

  5. #50

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Doesn't Seqwater now control this area?

  6. #51

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    To be honest i wouldn't have a clue

  7. #52

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Here is a slim chance on getting the dam stocked. Access to fish it may be different matter. Got to start some where. At least some one in Redlands council is now nomitted to at least acknowledge freshwater fish.

    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=153986

    Please post any knowlegde of actual fish species caught in the Redlands area
    in the above post.
    Jermay87 these things take time as your post is still going after all this time

  8. #53

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir


    BUMP!!!



    I came across this post by accident just now.


    I thought I would give it a bump.

    Has anyone heard anymore re this matter?


    Louis



  9. #54

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Wouldn't this potential project be the perfect litmus test to see if a species like mangrove jack could out compete tilapia as a possible solution?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  10. #55

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post

    BUMP!!!



    I came across this post by accident just now.


    I thought I would give it a bump.

    Has anyone heard anymore re this matter?


    Louis


    Register asap -
    http://www.yourseqwater.com.au/seqwa...reation-review

    March review - http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.c...pdf?1389153807

    How to -
    http://www.yourseqwater.com.au/seqwa...-review/faqs#8

    And get as many as you can to register and have input to at least get this open to fishing and try for water access (sail/paddle/electric or even better for waterskiing/jetskis etc but low emissions outboards 6 knots like wivenhoe would do too )
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

  11. #56

    Re: Tingalpa Reservoir

    Just to keep this alive, have heard from a council that they are looking into fishing the dam again, just might be in next couple of years. I believe they are looking at best ways to operate it.
    Life begins when you get one!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us