Thread: Native fish tank

Native fish tank

hey all

just wondering wat native fish whould live together iv got a 35cm barramundi and i want to put another fish in with him
    the fish i most want to put in with him are

sleepy cod
    saratoga
    mangrove jack
    Bass
    oscar

can some one help me i mostly want to put a cod in with ny barra but you tell me wat you think

Re: Barra and Cod in same tank

Re: Native fish tank

g'day bronson

i don't know about cod,but i had two barra living happily with a tandanus,

that's after they had killed two bass > and a gourami!!!

you would be much better off starting with a bigger cod and smaller barra, the bigger cod are predominantly grumpy ass fish, if you get a mid sized juvinile to grow up with a baby barra you will have a better chance, if you start the other way around the barra will eat the cod no worries, toga's can mix with barra but again should grow up from a young age, their little teeth can make a mess of the barra. I have seen a jack and barra living in a tank together, 6x3x2 tank and they each had their own end and didn't worry about eachother, but a school of scats would make a good distraction for the jacks to chase about

oscars will go with barra no problems, they're big sooks and will get along fine

hey guys

Thanks for all you'r help but ive got the fish i wont in my fish tank as of the iith of october 2006

ive got a green terror(10cm) a sooty grunter(10cm) a eeltail catfish(17cm) and a murry cod(24cm)

thanks guys

bronson

3 eel tailed catties & 3 bream in one tank & 2 yellows, 1 bass, 3 catties & one Murray cod in another. I think the cod will own the tank in the end.

Muzz