Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Barra in SE Qld

Barra in SE Qld

Been meaning to see for a while what the Ausfish family think about the subject.

Randall.

Re: Barra in SE Qld

you know me Randall, u speak Barra and i sit up and listen.. id love to see Barra down here, im yet to tackle one of these fine sportsfish and if i didnt have to travel 5hrs to tangle them, it'd be great.. and im not really into fishing in a pond like at the Barra Park down the road from me.. stocked but wild barra are the go!

Tim

Would have to be the most biased poll I've ever seen in my entire life Randall.

Bring it on I say - I'm expecting 100% in favour. What are fishermen meant to do I ask you.

Bugman

Load em up and let the fun begin

And throw some Jacks in too!

Go you good things [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Let em loose in the Darling...They should thrive on those mongrel carp and redfin the Victorians let loose years ago If only we could get em to eat canetoads!!! .Maybee rabbits an foxes too #??????
    WE better educate em not to eat yellas and murray cod tho...

WELL IF THEY BRING THE BARRA DOWN HERE WHAT EXCUSE WILL WE HAVE TO TRAVEL NORTHWARDS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO GET AWAY FROM ALL THE ANOYING THINGS THAT LIFE HAS TO THROW AT US I.E. WOORRKK

CHEERSS GARY

The Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn's official policy is to persue a trail stocking of barramundi in Somerset or Wivenhoe for a defined period with strict performace indicators in place. If at the end of the trial period it is found that barramundi are not suitable, or are not giving an adequate returns to anglers a full blown stocking program wont be under taken.
    Without approval from QFS & SEQWcorp (who take thier fisheries policy advice from QFS ), no trial can be undertaken. All local councils, a large amount of businesses and many many anglers in the region are supportive of a trial.

It is SWFSA's position that the QFS' Translocation Policy is unworkable & unreasonable. If the Recreational Fisheries Enhancement Program was just beginning now, there is not one species currently stocked that would pass all of the selection criteria.
    It is utterly rediculous that we have non-native, introduced, pest fish breeding at will in these lakes & QFS are not fullfilling their roll to erradicate or control the pests, yet a native fish, which cannot breed in these lakes that can help control the pests isnt allowed to be stocked.

SWFSA Inc.
    Stocking Lake Somerset, Lake Wivenhoe, Atkinsons Dam, Swanbank Lake & tributaries.

Quote Originally Posted by caveman
    WELL IF THEY BRING THE BARRA DOWN HERE WHAT EXCUSE WILL WE HAVE TO TRAVEL NORTHWARDS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO GET AWAY FROM ALL THE ANOYING THINGS THAT LIFE HAS TO THROW AT US I.E. WOORRKK

# # # # CHEERSS GARY

Yeah but think of the poor Northerners that could come south to escape such trials and tribulations.

Thumbs up from here too.

Sure would prefer fishing time to driving time.

Cheers,

Randall,

Bring it on and let the fun begin.I find the reasons behind the no-barra in SEQ policy quite strange and it seems to me that these same reasons are in fact a cover for a much more political stance to keep the barra in NEQ for all time.The introduction of a top end predator into Lake Wivenhoe in particular is the answer to begin to combat the ever growing population of ferral fishs that are going to choke this wonderful lake and leave a massive expanse of water dedicated to declared pests.For the life of me I can't see why the powers that be can't wake up and see what needs to be done, listen to the majority,set the polical agenga aside and fix Wivenhoe.Having said that I know that the majority would have barra everywhere and that can't happen but this lake needs a top end predator.

Birdy

Birdy....I think you may have hit the nail on the head mate. There are a few groups around who will not prosper from Barra heading south!!!!

Interesting to see so far how many anglers want em here!!

Randall

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Would have to be the most biased poll I've ever seen in my entire life Randall.

Bring it on I say - I'm expecting 100% in favour. What are fishermen meant to do I ask you.

Bugman
    Hey Bugman....I know mate!!! Silly poll really...who WOULD`NT want Barra here? Then again, someones voted no. Maybe a northern area angler who already has them in their backyard?

Randall

Quote Originally Posted by Randall

Hey Bugman....I know mate!!! #Silly poll really...who WOULD`NT want Barra here? #Then again, someones voted no. Maybe #a northern area angler who already has them in their backyard?

Randall
    Or someone who loves their tilapia fishing in Wivenhoe & is afraid to see them culled.

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au