Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend  Round UP !

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend #Round UP !

Good question Dane ( DC ),

I put up a post here on rod selection. I used a ' built " M10 some time ago, and found it great for what I wanted to use it for. I had some replies to that post which convinced me that it would go great with the TLD15 is wanted to marry it up to. All I had to do was track down the number / description and order the rod through a tackle shop.

As for materials, everyone bought their own and will continue to buy this sort of gear as I am sure it won't be the last rod they make. I am already looking forward to the next challenge.

Most GOOD tackle shops will have rod building materials.

Then again, I am sure there are members here that can advise you on rod selection, but as you say, nothing beats holding it in your hand. Having said that a rod will feel different as a blank and as a built rod ( I am lead to believe ), hey Stui ????? What is mine now, spagetti

Can't tell ya how much pleasure it is, watching my rod come from a blank to something that almost looks like it came from a shop. Ah bugger it, better than shop bought

If you can hold out Dane, there will be a rod building workshop/ weekend next year about same time as this year.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend #$%@^Round UP !

here are some pics of the boat winch[i hope]

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend Round UP !

it finally worked

and another

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend Round UP !

the last one

stuart

Looks great mate, Im glad you picked that colour than your first choice.

Stuart

yeah , i,m glad you told me about the royal blue but like everything i found an metallic one as well, maybe the next one ..... now all i have to do is go use it cheers ian

bearclaw

Ian! what no marbling?

Myles

myles, no mate not on this one .i think i,ll practice on 1 of my old rods first.

OK< for the rod building dummies. What's marbling ?

I know what it is in the painting game, so I could be assuming it is similar to that ?????

Phill

btw, looks great Ian !!!!

allright, i,ll ask what is it in the painting game?????? and thanks for comments i was beginning to think i was lously at it.marbling is adding pigments or paint to your epoxy, mixing or swirling as you go[ correct me if i,m wrong, and that will happen] if that makes sense cheers ian ps phill i dont think your rods a piece of spaghatti[if thats how you spell it] looks good to me cheers ian

Flying_duck

Hi guys, I am new in this chat site and have done marbling for the last 2 years or so on my rods and others. I am also a rod builder from Adelaide. Here is a sample of what I did on the last rod I built that was completed about 10 days ago. Tell me what you think.

Looks interesting, Duck.

Marbling in painting, is sort of similar to this rod building type. Marbling is actually making a piece of " whatever " look like marble. You often use a brush ( feather ) to achieve a result. There are guys in the industry that will do a this and you will not be able to tell the difference from that and ' real ' marble. It is usually done on coloumns at entries to houses to create that " expensive ' effect, but can de done anywhere.

Cheers Phill

g,day duck, mate what do you use for your pigments? i would be interested in seeing other work that you have done ......... cheers ian

Just checked out your finished effort Ian. Looks very tidy and I like the colour combinations.

Mine are along those lines, although I got into trouble from Stu for carrying over the epoxy too far, I actually had no idea, and totally forgot to ask him back then.

As for marbling, I've seen it on a few rod building sites and it looks very good, might give it a go down the track. Firstly I want to improve my fish patterns, and then have a shot at Stu's weaving, which I found very impressive.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!