Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend  Round UP !

Rod Building Workshop/Weekend  Round UP !

Anyone caught anything with their new rod yet?

TOL

gruntahunter

Re: WEEKEND WORKSHOP FOR ROD BUILDING/BINDING

Firstly can I say that am so sorry that I had to work all weekend and miss out.

Secondly and more importantly can I say that I owe Roz and all the other ausfishers a sincere thankyou for being so kind and showing your hospitality to my son Ryan (alias Freddo). He enjoyed the whole time he was there and definately knows more about building rods then his old man now. He might even know more about other things that were talked about as well.

Once again my sincere thanks to all involved

pete

Pete, Ryan is a credit to you..well mannered and well behaved..more than welcome anywhere anytime.

bearclaw

Sounds like you guys had a ball of a time. I was sorry that I was also unable to drop in and say g'day to you all due to family and work commitments. Hopefully in the near future a Brisbane rod builders club will be formed.

Regards
    Myles

Made it back to Agnes. FFS.... The grey matter is still spinning from info !

More later......need beauty sleep,,,,,,,,,, YES lots of it, I know !

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yeah, had a really good time. Was good to meet up with people and to put a faces to names.

Will leave it up to others to provide a breakdown of the weekend's events. I really think I'd do better on the binding of a Friday or Saturday arvo though. Might get some hot pink thread if I can!

TOL

I finished

another underbind last night.

Stuart,
    You're right the work does go better with bundy, at least I think it does, I'll take another look tonight when I get home just to be sure. Thanks for the help, info, patience and not laughing too loudly at my efforts.

A big thanks to Roz, Phil and Greg for organising every thing so well. I've learnt enough to be dangerous now. It was a great weekend and again met some great people even the ones fixated on Toyotas.
    Cheers,
    Shayne

And now it starts....................Stuart,
    At the end there you said the Wilson Filler I bought would go yellow over time. I was using non metallic colour fast gudebrod(?) (nylon?) C thread, what should I have bought to coat the bindings with?

Now what was that contact phone number again???

Pete,
    Your young bloke acquited himself well and it was a damn shame he had to leave on Sunday when he did, as I think he missed binding a runner with a chance to have it checked out but his efforts up til then looked pretty good.
    Shayned
    P.S. I did my best to shield him from the rest of the loons there.

stuart

Well, I had a fat time on the weekend to say the least. A great bunch of guy’s and a laugh a minute was had by all….especially me. Shayned, Is the thread you used a NCP Gudebrod, if so you don’t need any colour preserver, just use the epoxy straight over the thread. I would recommend you use classic thread coat, its very good, sets up hard in no time, very user friendly, and non temperamental. Use a flat bristled brush that’s made from a mixture of Sable and polyester bristles, this brush would need to be around 5 or 6 mm wide, this will cover all the rods that I seen on the weekend. By the way, a huge thank you for Phil and Roz for picking me up from the Sunny coast each day. If any of you guy’s get stuck don’t hesitate to email me, post up here for all to see and learn, or PM for my number and I can talk you through the ordeal.

Stu

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend #$%@^Round UP !

Many thanks to Stuart for his time and patience and also to Roz for organising the weekend. The following are some pics taken from the early stage of fitting the grips and reel seat etc through to the binding of the guides. The looks of concentration in the binding stage was phenomenal. Hopefully all those that attended found the weekend informative and enjoyable.

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend Round UP !

Re: Rod Building Workshop/Weekend Round UP !