Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Final round up of the Rod Building Weekend

Re: Final round up of the Rod Building Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    It never ceases to amaze me what you can do with a disability like phills. I mean two toes and two thumbs and this is what he can turn out, imagine what he could do if he had all his fingers. That turned out great mate, I’m very impressed.

Stu #
    LMAO Stuart....not to mention all his other problems...but..it does look great Phil...so does yours Roz..now I know why I did not build a rod that weekend...could not match those pieces of work.

Nice one Phil, an absolute credit to you and it also proves that you should be putting in more overtime at work or maybe getting more sleep!!!

Roz,
    Another wrap??? You must be flying when you're doing them now. I was down your way on the weekend and wet and windy was an understatement.

OK, I have now fitted my little TLD to the rod and will attempt to de-virginize it over the next week or so. Pics of course, will follow.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

bearclaw

Good luck Phil, nothing better than blooding a rod you built yourself, well their might be a few things better.

Myles

Yep, I have de-virginized the M10. The seas looked Ok this arvo, so I plonked the new rod in the Skanky Hoe and set off for the wreck. First drop and yep, a fish and something not big, but certainly worth it. A nice Grunter in the 2.5kg class. I then proceeded to cover the bottom ( and further ) of the esky with Trevally. None in the XOS range, but nevertheless OK. OOPS this is not supossed to be a fishing report. OK I'll put up a pic of the First fish on the M10 ( spagetti rod ). OH, and the sunset.............love a sunset over water.

OH, and that sunset.

Cheers Phill

OK, I have given the rod a good workout over the past few weeks. It works great for fish up to 5kgs and then, as Stuart has eluded to, turns to spagetti. I nailed a 7ft Tiger shark and it really tested me and the rod. The rod didn't have enough ' hurt ' in the mid section and was a tad ' whimpy ' towards the tip.

I will now be building a new rod. This time it will be a 7ft but in the 15-24kg class. Med or slow taper ?????????????????

I need to get my hands on a rod in a shop that will ge identical or close enought to what I want. I still like the idea of the M10 ( Killwell ) but as I said, in the 15-24kg class.

any other suggestions ????

Cheers Phill

awesome Phill...someone finally shows a pic of a catch on one of the rods they built..looks like the weekend was not a complete waste after all.

G'day Phill, have a look at the Samurai NV blanks,prety good value for money(but still not cheap), don't know of anyone out there useing this blank in their factory rods though.

bearclaw

I would suggest you have a look at the Graphite USA, only their 15-24kg are eithe fast, mod/fast, xtra fast.

Myles

myles, my words to a T.......... phill trust me you will not find a better blank to build a rod ... have a chat to myles he does know his stuff

bearclaw

Ian I don't know about that.

Myles

Thanks guys.

do you have a link to a site for the blanks ?

Phill

bearclaw

Thanks Myles, I've had a good look around the site and it appears to me I need a :-

Graphite USA ( dual Helix ) SW70HP 7' Fast taper 15-24kg stick.

You thoughts on this one ? Putting my little TLD on it and using 50lb Braid

Cheers Phill