Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final round up of the Rod Building Weekend

Re: Final round up of the Rod Building Weekend

Very much like the your finished work Shayne, I bet you're rapt with it, as you should be.

I am bogged down with mine at the moment, I am going to wait until I can get the colour combo's I want in threads.

Also one of the masters is going to run through the spacing calculations with me again, as I've lost my way.

But apart from getting the butt wrap completed, the rod is ready to go fishing.

Are you going to post a pic of the first fish???? regardless.

Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Without a doubt, I might even save it for when we're down your neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by shayned
    Without a doubt, I might even save it for when we're down your neck of the woods.

Yep yep,

Give me a yell.

cheers roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Way to go Shane looks like it turned out pretty well.
    That sticker idea has some great potential, I am just doing a rod for myself at the moment, may use the idea myself!!

Regards, Tony

shayne, you have done a great job mate , bet you are as pleased as[ i would be and n.s.w colours what more could you ask for].and it wont be long before the young one is showing you up.......... cheers sid

Aaaaaaagh I didn't notice the NSW colours Shayne!!!!! I take all the good stuff back

Good observation Ian.

Roz

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

They're not bloody NSW colours > they're.....................aww crap now they look like bloody Cronulla colours it just gets worse Maybe I should stolen some of TOL's fluro thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shayned
    They're not bloody NSW colours > they're.....................aww crap now they look like bloody Cronulla colours it just gets worse Maybe I should stolen some of TOL's fluro thread.
    sorry, not Sharkies colours, they're sky blue, white & black..
    but.. definately NSW colours [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

no ,,,,,,,,,,,, not the fluro orange aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... it looks the goods as it is............. now we know that its the other side[ N.S.W] comming out of you cheers sid

and its all GOOD

Waaaaaaack!!!!!!!! Thats the sound of me giving myself a solid upper cut.
    I might as well give my little bloke a doll and start making him wear dresses, it's about the same as giving him sporting gear in NSW colours. At least it's not Cronulla I 'spose.

Capellaman83

Wow I built a rod in me marine studies class at high school & I have to say it didn't come out anywhere near that good, my eyelets are a little askew to each other & I varnished the whole rod instead of just the strind & eyelet section, its shortish but bigger than a ugly stick.

Hi Guys,

I've finally finished my butt wrap, except for sanding the cork on the fore grip & the extra coats of resin, it's ready to get covered in scales, slime & guts.

I had to get back to my mentor, Volvo for some help as I had gone a bit rusty on the spacing calculations. As I've said before, the man has the patience of a saint to put up with me, nothing is too much trouble.

Anyway, I copied the pattern for this wrap from Visualwrap, a rod building site. It has a step by step section worth looking at.

cheers r.

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

another

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

one more, the colours don't look as good in the photos.

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!