Thread: Makeral rod recipe

Makeral rod recipe

Need advice on a good blank and guides for a spottie makeral/ tuna rod casting from 25 to 50 grams 8kgline class, fitted with a stradic 8000, was thinking somewhere between 7-8 foot with minimal amounts of guides say 5?. Would like to fit large diameter guides!

count_baysea

Re: Makeral rod recipe

mate
    get a samurai rbc008 kit with the whole lot included. great blank. good snapper rod as well

I'm a big fan of Samurai blanks, although personally would prefer slightly longer for casting slugs.

good luck
    r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

thanks for the reply where can i get 1 from?

I'm just up the road from fishing tackle australia, in at Coffs.

they sell Samurai blanks including the kits as mentioned by countbaysea.

Get into Mo tackle and go from there.

I think Samurai are extremely good value, not at the expensive end of the range of blanks, but they are not at the el cheapo end.

I've built 3 and will be building another 2 in the next six months, one will be for casting slugs. I am presently using an ugly stick, it gets fantastic distance & I won't be replacing it, I just want one for using down here, the other gets used when I'm up north.

Samurai rods are every light weight & you can cast all day with them. Thats why I prefer that brand for lure casting. Hope that's of some help to you.

Ya can't have too many rods in my world.

I would be interested to know your choice.

cheers r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!