Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ROD BUILDING WEEKEND 12th & 13th of MAY.

Hey Wazza!!!

A quick look at the numbers and you are number 15!!! Good onya.

Looking forward to meeting you & I will be intouch over the next few weeks.

cheers r.

Any others please pm me, so if someone pulls out I will let you know.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Re: ROD BUILDING WEEKEND 12th & 13th of MAY.

Hi everyone,

On Saturday of our Rod Building Weekend, we will be given an insight into decorative binding by Dave Boyle of Visual Wrap.

Dave will be using slides & software, so show us how decorative finishes can be achieved.

Personally looking forward to seeing this.

A practical demonstration, especially in weaves takes too long, & cross wraps is a lot quicker, but also takes quite a bit of time.

This way we will get a condensed version. Dave will also be able to answer any questions & don't forget Stu is a weave expert also.

Just something else to look forward to over that weekend.

Cheers Roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Thumbs up Re: ROD BUILDING WEEKEND 12th & 13th of MAY.

Hi Guys

I live at Joyner and would like to attend

Thanks
    Ken (Frazorodz)(Rod & Reel Repairs)

I would like to be one of the 15 for the 12/13 May 2007

Ken Burgess

Hi guys, only been a member for about a week. Im moving back to Brisbane-Sunny Coast in about 6 weeks. Realise I have missed this RBW but would love to book a spot for the next one. I may be able to get a fresh stash of King Prawns strait off the boat(depends on the timming). Been asking a few questions on the topic and am spewing 1. That I only realised how good these sites were a few weeks ago and missed the boat and 2. That i'm not already living back in QLD.

Cheers Chris Love

Hi All
    hope you all have a fun weekend, might have to see if I can come up for a future one. At this point in time I have chickened out on building a loomis (going to start with a cheaper blank), but I have rung up a top pro builder in devonport and order a custom loomis.
    cheers
    blaze

I reckon you should do the Loomis yourself Robbie. Mate, if it doesn't turn out exactly the way you want, you can always re-do it. Also being an ' expensive ' blank, you might be more inclined to pay a tad more attention to getting it right the first time.

My first attempt was a M10 for offshore work and although I considered it " average ".......well to me it looked bloody fantastic cause I did it, I have been using it and with no problems.

Once you've built a rod, you'll know there are no big secrets to it. Well, maybe one... Patience...........

We''ll keep you posted on the goings on over there today and tomorrow. I am taking 2 rods over.... 15-24 big fish buster and a nice little 6' flick stick for the bream / bass season. I'll be concentrating on the 2kg stick as I have single foot guides for it, and I haven't put them on before.

Hey, and I'm sure there'll be one or 2 of us at the Agnes later in the year that can assist in any way we can. Now that sounds good. Maybe a night session finishing off some rods and using them the next day or so !! perfect.

OH, Robbie.... ALL goodies recieved. much appreciated. I'll keep you informed on that matter.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

expect plenty of pics
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Hi guys, only been a member for about a week. Im moving back to Brisbane-Sunny Coast in about 6 weeks. Realise I have missed this RBW but would love to book a spot for the next one. I may be able to get a fresh stash of King Prawns strait off the boat(depends on the timming). Been asking a few questions on the topic and am spewing 1. That I only realised how good these sites were a few weeks ago and missed the boat and 2. That i'm not already living back in QLD.

Cheers Chris Love
    Mmmmm.... Havn't even finished the '07 RBW and the're putting there hands up for the '08 event.

Cartons of VB make good bribes as well as green death for Pinhead, must find out what Sue likes (besides Greg.... poor girl).

Blaze,

YOU WILL BUILD YOUR LOOMIS YOURSELF!

Could combine the Agnes M&G and the RBW just for your sake Rob

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

the problem with that is that because we keep coming back we need more teachers, more room[ no offence greg/sue],more beer ,more food, why cant we make this a once a month thing???? sid