Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ROD BUILDING WEEKEND 12th & 13th of MAY.

Looking forward to seeing you there Dazza.

will be in touch over the coming weeks.

regards roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Poodroo

That reel seat will come up nice once hit on a buffing mop using a polishing soap. I will bring one for you, you may have to remind me though. Poodroo, as for stripping the guides, wait till you get their mate and I will help you do it the safe way, that is with out butchering your blank. Roz is going to teach on how to do sick cross wraps and how to go blind. I think most guy's would rather look at her than me anyway. Cant wait to do another rod building weekend.

Stu
    Thanks Stu. I feel much better now knowing that I am not going to be butchering the blank here at home and then bringing it along embarrassingly to the rod building weekend to show my handywork. This rod used to be my alrounder off the rocks and still has a beaut action to it. The blank is in great condition still and I really do look forward to seeing it gleam again with yours and Roz's help. Thanks already for the advice. I think we are in for one hell of an enjoyable weekend. Maybe I can car pool with Great White and Herm.

Regards,

Poodroo

Roz,

I was going to with both barrels but thought I would give mercy on you soul at the last hour. As for going blind, well I was going to go on about that a bit more but thought it wouldnt be good on this site. You know me, all prim and propper.

Stu

Roz,

I was going to with both barrels but thought I would give mercy on you soul at the last hour. As for going blind, well I was going to go on about that a bit more but thought it wouldnt be good on this site. You know me, all prim and propper.

Stu
    when did that miracle happen ???

I had no doubt you would respond with something Pinhead. Just the same as always, that should be depressing enough for all involved in the RBW.

Stu

I like this Pinhead, while he (Stu) is picking on you he's leaving me alone.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

tis ok Roz..we (Stu and I ) will just have a few beers at the end of the weekend and discuss several things....could even be you.....I ain't scared of him.

Nothing quite like standing around having a beer with mates, talking about how woman can better serve us men. Roz, don’t bother calling me a pig, I already know and strive to better myself each day. You ask the misses, O hang on, she is busy washing, then she has to mowe the lawn, whipper snip, wash my cloths, take the rubbish out, hopefully with out disturbing my cricket. Life’s grand, got to go the wife’s coming.

Stu

Nothing quite like standing around having a beer with mates, talking about how woman can better serve us men. Roz, don’t bother calling me a pig, I already know and strive to better myself each day. You ask the misses, O hang on, she is busy washing, then she has to mowe the lawn, whipper snip, wash my cloths, take the rubbish out, hopefully with out disturbing my cricket. Life’s grand, got to go the wife’s coming.

Stu
    What about cooking tea??
    Who's cooking tea???

The three of you badly need to have the operation.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Roz

Yep, was considering having a lobotomy in both heads just to be safe. And no, I’m not from Tassie.

Stu

Got all the bits for my new NV-07 samurai based rod today
    It's going to be a spiral wrapped jobby.
    I won't be able to contain myself until the rod building weekend so it'll either be a "work in progress", or a perfect candidate for some thread art of some description, though I'm not sure I'd want to start something I couldn't finish at TRBW

Thanks to Ross @ TRW for his prompt service and willingness to discuss options.

cheers,
    Owen

Cheers Roz
    Now i have to decide if i want to build a new rod or re-build an old faithful.
    Decisions,Desisions......Just too damn hard for us Males..

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnB View Post
    Cheers Roz
    Now i have to decide if i want to build a new rod or re-build an old faithful.
    Decisions,Desisions......Just too damn hard for us Males..
    Speak for yourself. Nothing wrong with doing up an old faithful. In fact there is almost more sense of satusfaction seeing it transformed from rags to riches I think. I intend to find that out with my old Snyder Glas.

Poodroo

Hi Roz,any room left for one more very interested virgin rod builder?
    Would love to come,even more so after reading all of the previous replies.
    Cheers
    Wazza