Thread: Desperately seeking

Desperately seeking

G,day all
    I've put a few posts up here asking about trailers in the past but this time I'm making it formal.
    I'm looking for a braked 16 foot trailer, any condition considered. I've been considering a new one but at around $2000 I reckon I'll be over capitalising on the value of my boat. Total rebuild of mine is $1000 in parts plus time and labour.
    Any help let me know.

PS
    How's this for service ... I'd arranged to buy a second hand trailer from Logan Marine at Beenleigh. Went and had a look - settled on a price ($1000) - told me to come back tomorrow to pick it up. Didn't leave deposit because I had no cash on me but told him I was willing to go to the bank and pay for it now if he wanted but he said he couldn't be bothered to take the boat off it at the time because it was late.
    Anyway got home from work the next day to a message on the phone saying he'd sold the thing to someone else.
    What's the world coming to I ask - especially since I'd been looking for so long to get another trailer. It's pretty bad when you can't take someone's word anymore.

Bugman

Re: Desperately seeking

Well Bugman, you may not be overcapitolizing ( now that's a mouthfull ) on your rig.

Consider how long you want to keep your current boat. Long term ? Well the money spent now on a new trailer, will only give you peace -of - mind for years to come. That's good advice.

From new you can Tectyl ( rustproof ) it and the springs etc, and the thing will last for years.

If the budget requires a seconghandy, consider the price, add on the new springs, runners, axle ?,bolts,bearings, wiring. Sand blasting and re- galing or painting, and at the end of the day, you still have a secondhand trailer.

Most people don't consider that a good trailer is just as important as a good Hull, Motor, etc.

Just asking that you consider ALL the options.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Bugman , there is a car yard on the corner of Boundary rd and Beaudesert rd Coopers Plains selling new trailers from $990 ,I think the ones on display are around 14 to 15 ft in length . I will go past tomorrow and get you a phone number and post it here for you , so give them a call . cheers

Hi Bugman , finally went past the yard today and got phone No 32729499 , give them a call it is a car yard , ask them about the trailors out front . I hope it helps you .