Thread: Weather reports?

Weather reports?

Hey Guys,
    does anyone know of any fm or am radio stations that give regular weather or boating reports and if they do how often?? ??? Thanks in advance.
    Luke

Re: Weather reports?

Hi Luke, Dont know of anyl, most stations give hourly rpts
    4kq is abt the best, but i call the closest vmr/coast guard
    and theyll give u an update, if not call 1300360428, this nr
    give regular update on the weather.
    regards

The biggest problem is most radio stations (whoever thay might be) don't keep things up to date besides the forecasts can only be as up to date as the bureau forecast times.

That's one thing in favour of our local met bureau in that they give weather reports 4 times a day direct from the met bureau on VHF. Everybody benefits, they get direct feedback and we get to ask questions and get their unbiased thoughts on what should happen for the rest of the day, tomorrow even several days in advance.

This local service from all accounts is one of the best on the east coast and very highly regarded by all boaties in this area.

Cheers, Kerry.

Thanks for that info guys.
    Luke

Luke,

You might like to check out:
    http://www.clevelandweather.net

This is my station based at Cleveland (less then 300metres from the boat ramp) and it updates to the web every 15 minutes. It also includes graphs and trends, rather then just tabular data.

Hope this helps for future trips.
    Justin

Thanks Justin,
    will have a look at that and whack it into my favs. Good work mate.
    Cheers Luke

Hi Justin, great site you have, I found it a couple of months ago and always use it now if fishing the bay, you have everything that is need to help combat bay weather. the shots of the bays thru your camera are also a great help. keep up the good work
    regards

Justin

Have been looking for a site like yours for yonks. Looks great!!!! Well done. I have added it to my favourites.

AJ