Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornet vs Nomad vs Custom

Brett_Finger

Re: Hornet vs Nomad vs Custom

In the words of the grestest wrestler in the world... HELL YAH!!!!!!
    good as gold cob, good as gold, # #
    nothing wrong withthe hull i have, it is the perfect smooth water boat.
    i have just got this proublem when the tuna are running i'm out there in a Barra Boat chaseing them...
    i guess i just want the best of bouth worlds.
    Hookin,Brett

BrtRe: Hornet vs Nomad vs Custom

Brett, have you looked at some of the tube style boats, bit of a secret just how versatile they are, Ill send you some pics of mine if you want a better look, no worries with survey and that stuff

Brett_Finger

what breed ??
    Hookin,Brett

Brand wise mine is an oceancylinder, wouldn't recommend these at present, just a wee bankrupcy prob orca, kiwi craft, customs can be made as well, basically alloy D shape tube welded to heavy plate boats with nice deep V.

Brett_Finger

MM,
    i'll stick with the Sea-Jay, a good strong Queensland built product!!
    Hookin,Brett 8)

The only 1 that wasn't Qld made was kiwi, OC should be back quiet soon, they are great with big fellas my 4.4m has taken loads of 700kg and still very stable, not much fishn room left then, Been quiet popular with Darwin locals the OC,

Cheers Rob

This boat may be a little big but a Fisher plate alloy 4.5 m is my suggestion. I've just christened my new 4.8m side console with a few Awoonga Barra. It handles Moreton bay chop with ease. Basically think of a Quintrex topender and turn it into plate and that's it and for a Topender price. There are quite a few up your neck of the woods.I love mine because of the self draining deck and sealed floor. Mine is going up to Hinchinbrook.Check out the latest Queensland Fishing Monthly for details.

Mackmauler, are OceanCylinder going belly up? I was looking at these about 2 months ago. Visited the factory in redcliffe and they seemed to be going strong. In fact its the same factory as Pacific Sportfish (Now called DeepVee I think??), and there was probably a half a million bucks in boats in the factory..

It would be sad if OC went under as their boats are excellent (probably one of the most sea worthy small plate boats around) if somewhat expensive..

Cheers
    George