Thread: 2 Banger vs 4 Stroke

2 Banger vs 4 Stroke

I believe that there is a lot of intrest in the boating world, as to which outboard engine 4 stroke or 2 stroke suites or would suit them better.

Adding your comments on the above topic, may help anyone considering, a future boat or outboard purchase/upgrade, to have a better grasp of the advantages/disadvantages of both engine types.

Cheers Smithy................. 8) 8)

Re: 2 Banger vs 4 Stroke

I have a four stroke at moment and it trolls all day with out a problem, But going fast it chews juice .

I would love to try one of the Bombardier Ficht ram injection motors. They sound sweet going and very quite. Claim to have very good fuel econemy also.

SNELLY

Tonyp,
    What breed/size of 4 stroke do you have ? #Someone told me also that they reckon that there is not much diff at full noise between the two. I have a 60hp Yamaha and I have found it still very cheap to run even at full noise. I get something like 2 nm to the litre out of my boat and that is generally close to flat out.

Hi All,

We run a 50 4stk yammy and it is the 6th outboard weve had and the first 4stk, and all I can say is we are rapt .

I think the 4 bangers leave the 2 pots for dead up to about 90-115hp range but after that I think the new hi-tech 2pots have real merits against the same size 4stks, weight being a major one.

The things that impress me are the quietness and fuel economy at all throttle settings, it runs as economically as my 20merc on my old explorer 3.85 and this new motor is pushing a 4.35 V hull with plenty of weight behind it.

And soooo Smmooooooth when trolling, I just love it and wouldnt by another 2stk in a small hp motor.

Glen

Eat Sleep FISH!!!!!!
    Cheers Glen,

One Life, What will you catch next!