I know someone (my brother) with some braided tin-plated copper wire (TUBING) - apparently the braid is used to shield wire cables from electrical (electromagnetic?) interference, such as can be experienced by the cables of depth sounders, including transducer cables, making them prone to play up when they're placed near other electrical cables.
Can anyone (Kerry?) tell me whether there's any benefit in putting the stuff on such cables, or over the other main cables as a shield? If so, then there will be some left over for some of you boaties who might want some at a cheap price.
The stuff comes on 15mm diameter pvc hose tubing , and the actual braid tube can be compressed to 25mm diameter(compressed length around 0.2xsupplied length) and stretched to around 6mm diameter (stretched length around 1.2xsupplied length). It looks similar to the metal braid that's on some high-pressure hoses.
The tin plated copper braid won't corrode, and I think that one end needs to be earthed.
In any case - let me know if any of you guys/girls can provide any furher info on its uses - some of you may know of other uses (hi-fi, TV, etc).
My brother has a cerebral palsy son, and if this stuff is any good to you, then he would be happy to sell it to benefit both him and you. It comes in rolls of 50 metres, and he is prepared to cut it to length.

Cheers, and tight lines in 2003 - Vic